Picked up a Tamron 90mm macro today after over 6months of CraigsList and ebay hunting. Worth the wait!!!! I can't wait to learn how to dial this thing in.
Picked up a Tamron 90mm macro today after over 6months of CraigsList and ebay hunting. Worth the wait!!!! I can't wait to learn how to dial this thing in.
Well over the last 3 years I have dealt with every newbie mistake, gone through a renovation and countless other problems. After 3 or 4 months most everything has recovered from the panel upgrade outage at the house and honestly, the tank has never looked this good... so that means it's time to tear it down right? I'm starting on my office rimless setup and once that's running and cycled I'm going to transfer over some stock. Everything else will be going up for sale locally or in a temporary tank for the large reef build in the dining room later this year. Here are some quick iPhone shots I posted on some other sites earlier this week:
With good planning you may not lose anything. I swapped tanks a year and a half ago and I didn't lose anything and the new tank went in the same spot as the old one so some things could not be done ahead. Have lots of clean buckets and garbage cans on hand and your power heads in working order and you will be fine. One thing I
Learned is tangs need more oxygen than other fish. I used to service tanks and if someone had a power outage any length of time with out a battery backup, tangs were the first to go. I see from your pics you have two so I thought I'd mention that in case you didn't know.
And so all good things come to an end. Next weekend I will be breaking down my tank and placing 1/2 of my livestock in a temporary holding tank. I'm currently working on a 57g rimless for my home office and some of the stock will be moved over to that tank in June. I will also be working on a grow out system that will be replacing the garage setup. Everything that I don't sell or that doesn't make it into the rimless will go into the trough until I figure out what I want to do with it. I'm also planning a large 250+ gallon setup but life has gotten so busy that build is going to have to come towards the end of next year. I plan on shooting some final photos of the tank as is and posting them before the big breakdown.