Berghia Experience

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that info! I am now considering pulling a few aiptasia out and propagating them in a small tank...maybe @DSC reef can send me some of his palm trees :D
I can but I'm concerened about shipping weight;Hilarious I'll try and have my wife get a good pic of them later.

Last edited:

Deinonych

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have mentioned, your Aiptasia problem will soon be a thing of the past. :) I had a really bad outbreak in my DT, and added only 10 nudibranchs to take care of it. It look about 5 months for them to wipe them out. It was slow going for the first couple of months, but they made noticeable progress on a daily basis after that. I'm now Aiptasia free. :)

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next on the menu!!

IMG_8985.JPG

IMG_9065.JPG

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a CBB and unless the Aptasia is out in the open he won't touch them. I see plenty of them in between the rocks and in the crevices. I hit them with Aptasia-X this past weekend but I know they will be back. I'm really considering getting some Nudis for next time. What stopped me in the past was they are expensive and feared that they would be a snack for my Melenaurus. Anybody use them with a Melanurus in the tank, how did it work out?

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed they hadn't really moved much in the last 24hrs. Flashlight searching tonight, I discovered multiple egg clusters! I'm not sure if any will survive though, as earlier it was posted that pods will eat the eggs.

IMG_9092.JPG

PhreeByrd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep an eye on that egg cluster on the trachyphillia. They couldn't be in a better spot for successful hatching if that's going to happen. I'm very interested in some verification that amphipods will eat the eggs, since I have not ever experienced this.

TinyChocobo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're so cute. It's really too bad that Aiptasia is all they will eat [from the standpoint that it would be nice if there was an alternate source of food you could give them in the absence of aiptasia].

I wonder how these things survive in the wild - is there really that much aiptasia in the reefs?

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eggs made it through night one. I also noticed at least 6 more clusters in the rock work. I'm going to beg some locals for aiptasia rocks to start a tank to feed them. I fear my display is almost clean of the big ones!

IMG_9097.JPG

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have rock for you pretty infested. I'd be willing to send one rock I'd say 10 to 20 lb.... if I can get some berghia....I need them

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see them working for you man. We just took half the tank apart to retrieve 3 peppermint shrimp that liked the taste of acans more than aptasia.
That's why I refused to even try peppermints. Too risky for my little 20g. I hope you didn't lose too many Acans.

I have rock for you pretty infested. I'd be willing to send one rock I'd say 10 to 20 lb.... if I can get some berghia....I need them
I will take you up on that! I will have the aiptasia tank setup next week. Too busy trying to get new display moved to my house to do it now.

Back