OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sure those aren't zoa eating nudis! I kid, I kid;) Those aptasia don't stand a chance! That setosa looks awesome
Well that would be an upsetting moment ;Blackeye hopefully some make it to the back chamber, I certainly forgot to add them back there. I can always catch a few later

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would be surprised how fast they would work on your aiptasia problem. I ordered mine also from the same vendor you bought from. You won't see a single berghia during day time but once the lights goes out it's party time for them. All my aiptasia are one now and I passed them along to friends

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Thats like $200 worth in those things!
They were half that :D

You would be surprised how fast they would work on your aiptasia problem. I ordered mine also from the same vendor you bought from. You won't see a single berghia during day time but once the lights goes out it's party time for them. All my aiptasia are one now and I passed them along to friends
That's great to hear. They were packed well and all alive and moving. I hope to pass them along as well when through.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were half that :D

That's great to hear. They were packed well and all alive and moving. I hope to pass them along as well when through.
If you are ake to get any once done, I would like to get more in my system. When it comes time, I'd like to work out a deal to get some

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are ake to get any once done, I would like to get more in my system. When it comes time, I'd like to work out a deal to get some
I will let you know when they are done :)

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today marks the start of my Aiptasia eradication. Just received a box of 20 1/4" berghia nudis. I'll use this thread to document their progress :)

They are going into a Nuvo 20. I plan on sharing them with local reefers upon their success.

IMG_8978.JPG

IMG_8979.JPG

IMG_8980.JPG

IMG_8981.JPG

IMG_8983.JPG

IMG_8984.JPG
Very interested. Following!

A+Aquatics

Rare Coral Curator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is always interesting to see other reefers use these valuable natural remedies to work wonders against aiptasia.
It might be wise to go ahead and line up that next user for these little creatures this week.
That number of Berghia Nudibranch's will make quick snacks of everything in your 20G system.
Keep a close eye out and you'll see a rapid success and be able to pass them on with plenty of life left in them!
Maybe they will leave some eggs behind in your system and that will make doubly sure that all aiptasia will take a hard hit.
Would be great if you could all keep them revolving in your area as to never be left without some close by for a 2nd or 3rd round.

@Dsnakes You're a one of a kind reefer to be reaching out to others that might be in need of these. #thatreeferlife

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with your nudi's. Great to see they are eating already. I got 15 and that was not enough, but then I have a 200 gal tank and very little outbreak. I got them from the same place, they were shipped well and in great condition. After putting them in the tank I never saw them again and the aptasia, I could see, stayed for weeks so I ended up just using aptasia X when it is needed. If they were not so expensive I would have tried them again but about 40-50 this time.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is always interesting to see other reefers use these valuable natural remedies to work wonders against aiptasia.
It might be wise to go ahead and line up that next user for these little creatures this week.
That number of Berghia Nudibranch's will make quick snacks of everything in your 20G system.
Keep a close eye out and you'll see a rapid success and be able to pass them on with plenty of life left in them!
Maybe they will leave some eggs behind in your system and that will make doubly sure that all aiptasia will take a hard hit.
Would be great if you could all keep them revolving in your area as to never be left without some close by for a 2nd or 3rd round.

@Dsnakes You're a one of a kind reefer to be reaching out to others that might be in need of these. #thatreeferlife
Thanks! I started out with aiptasia x. It only provided short term success in the fact that wouldn't see them for a while. Then all the angry babies popped up. I came to the conclusion that a natural solution like berghia was in order!

What happens if they starve? Will they nuke the tank?
I sure hope not. I've read from several sources that they will end up on the glass searching, once they've eaten all on the rocks and that's when to collect them.

Good luck with your nudi's. Great to see they are eating already. I got 15 and that was not enough, but then I have a 200 gal tank and very little outbreak. I got them from the same place, they were shipped well and in great condition. After putting them in the tank I never saw them again and the aptasia, I could see, stayed for weeks so I ended up just using aptasia X when it is needed. If they were not so expensive I would have tried them again but about 40-50 this time.
Thanks. Yeah I bet they got lost. This is the only time I've been happy to have a small tank! Definately pricey to get enough in a larger system.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back