Berghia Nudibranch

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bill I know a guy in Berlin Connecticut who is raising them. I'm not sure if he's selling any. I'll touch base with him and see if he has any available.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bill I know a guy in Berlin Connecticut who is raising them. I'm not sure if he's selling any. I'll touch base with him and see if he has any available.
That would be me... it'll be a few weeks before I have some available of a decent size.

Bill,
How many were looking to get?

OP
OP
chevy4w

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be me... it'll be a few weeks before I have some available of a decent size.

Bill,
How many were looking to get?
So, after doing some research(which I should have done before I went looking for nudibranch!)I come to understand they feed on only aptasia. No aptasia, they die. I don't have a lot to keep any going. I guess I have to use other means to clean up the small amount I have! Thanks anyway!

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, after doing some research(which I should have done before I went looking for nudibranch!)I come to understand they feed on only aptasia. No aptasia, they die. I don't have a lot to keep any going. I guess I have to use other means to clean up the small amount I have! Thanks anyway!
Yup, they one thing and one thing only. If you decide to go that route you can always revoke them to a buddy who has Aiptasia. You'll see them on the glass in the day time looking for food and just suck them up in a pipette. I did this after they ate the Aiptasia in my main tank and they now get fed in their holding tank where I pair them up to lay eggs.

FragileReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just considering the hunt for some. I started feeding lots of brine shrimp and noticed a small army of small aptasia. I've been pretty good with manual removal but I may need some natural help. I would go with peppermint shrimp but I hear they may nip at rock flowers anemones. If you have some availabile in a few weeks, I'd be interested. As long as the OP didn't need them.

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just considering the hunt for some. I started feeding lots of brine shrimp and noticed a small army of small aptasia. I've been pretty good with manual removal but I may need some natural help. I would go with peppermint shrimp but I hear they may nip at rock flowers anemones. If you have some availabile in a few weeks, I'd be interested. As long as the OP didn't need them.
@jgirardnrg

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also in to buy 6 to 8 medium size so put me on the list. If you will ship.
Thanks

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well have not seen the ones I got since I put them in. As far as I can tell they are not snacking on anything. But the say give it a month or so. So I'm waiting.
They also say they don't eat anything but aptasia

OP
OP
chevy4w

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 68 46.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back