Bergs and Sixline

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So you're saying the adults lay eggs somewhere and then when the eggs hatch they then go back and crawl onto the adults? I was going to say this sounds 'crazy' - but I guess discus feed off their parents slime for a while. Maybe thats whats happening.
I’m guessing they must. Adults always seem to be close to the eggs. The larvae are real small and it seems impossible they would ever find the aiptaisi on there own. I all know for sure is they come off the large adults often. I try to get the larvae out of the pipette and onto a rock. If the flow is on forget it. They have a slime that makes it hard to get them off the pipette. When you look at how berghia are made it seems like a perfect fit for the larvae to ride on the back of them. Hopefully others experience this.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back