Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never used the others, but I like the trident and dos combo. Works well for me

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the Alkatronic for about 4 months now. Been a great piece of equipment. Reagent can be DIY to save even more money vs having to buy replacement reagent kits often, like some of the others. I'm super happy with my purchase and highly recommend the Alkatronic.

OP
OP
chrisgold

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the Alkatronic for about 4 months now. Been a great piece of equipment. Reagent can be DIY to save even more money vs having to buy replacement reagent kits often, like some of the others. I'm super happy with my purchase and highly recommend the Alkatronic.
Seems alot of money for what you get ? Doesnt it only test alk aswell?

george7523

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used ghl kh director for around half a year. there was alot of setup problems. the results varies too much from my hannah checker. hannah correlated acurrately whenever I test after dosing. the result from khd does not make sense and is consistently inconsistent. don't get KHD.

OP
OP
chrisgold

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used ghl kh director for around half a year. there was alot of setup problems. the results varies too much from my hannah checker. hannah correlated acurrately whenever I test after dosing. the result from khd does not make sense and is consistently inconsistent. don't get KHD.
Thanks for that cos that would have been my go to if not apex so much appreciated

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the trident have had it running a few months. With me controlling the dos my ALK fluctuates between 8.45-8.50 so basically 0.05 ALK swing range over a 24 hour period. I'm pretty happy with that. I don't use the controlled dosing I have trust issues lol.

Ozzydeanizzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But also Hanna can be out a lot just with different reagent batches

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Neptune APEX to control the DOS that is connected to an IceCap Kalkwater reactor. I use a Neptune Trident to help the controller make decisions based on both pH and alkalinity. I do periodic checks of parameters using Hanna test kits to ensure things are running as expected with Alexa reminding me to recalibrate based on recommended schedules or every few months absent guidance.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using the GHL KH director and been very consistent. Been keeping my Aklinity at approx 7.5. I am testing 6 times a day and allowing it to adjust my 3 part dosing. I have had a few spikes but a quick retest puts it right back inline.

I have yet to change the probe, but have changed the filter on the water supply line once every 3-4 months.

Very happy with the results and the unit.

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the KHD for about two years now. No complaints. I purchased the KHD over others mainly because I use a GHL Profilux controller and related equipment and find them all top notch.

But I think that most of the KH monitors/controllers out there do a pretty good job if they have been around a while and worked out the kinks.

One point I would make is that a KH Monitor/controller that measures KH using a pH titration method is probably more accurate/reliable than any that use another method to measure the KH. pH titration to determine KH is the "standard" lab methodology, at least as far as I have been able to tell.

catalystNfacade

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the neptune apex for a while now. Avoided the trident in the beginning because of negative reviews upon launch. Plus I wanted to slowly setup and add new pieces to the neptune. Looked up reviews recently for the trident and it was all positive, so I purchased one. Had it for about a month and am happy with it. Love having access to the info without having to do the work. Added the dos two weeks ago. Only have it dosing alk, need to get more tubing for calcium, it fluctuates more than .05 but I'm still adjusting the dosing parameters and it's still adjusting to that. I'm hoping they make a follow up for nitrate and maybe phosphate and ammonia.

catalystNfacade

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the neptune apex for a while now. Avoided the trident in the beginning because of negative reviews upon launch. Plus I wanted to slowly setup and add new pieces to the neptune. Looked up reviews recently for the trident and it was all positive, so I purchased one. Had it for about a month and am happy with it. Love having access to the info without having to do the work. Added the dos two weeks ago. Only have it dosing alk, need to get more tubing for calcium, it fluctuates more than .05 but I'm still adjusting the dosing parameters and it's still adjusting to that. I'm hoping they make a follow up for nitrate and maybe phosphate and ammonia.
Also saw youtube videos about how easy it is to service the trident yourself. Major selling point for me.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been researching the same and a lot of people have been talking abou the KH Keeper, does anyone have experience with this one?
Hold off from buying it if you can, they are soon coming out with new versions that are supposed to fix some of its, uh, let's call them cost saving measures

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back