Best ATO setup with kalk reactor?

  • Thread starter Thread starter West1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
2,226
Reaction score
689
Location
Idaho
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Tunze 3155 and it’s been great. However, since introducing kalk to my tank about 8 months ago, the eye develops a film when my ATO stops working till I scrub/clean/dip the eye. It’s a pain to do this every 4-5 days.

What is the best ATO for kalk residue?
 
Could use the reef factory Large dosing pump :)

Would be really cool
 
I wonder if you could swap the eye out for an actual float switch on the Neptune ato. Pretty sure you could.. that’s what I use in my sump. Just a couple float switches plugged into the fmm module. One high and one for low
 
I wonder if you could swap the eye out for an actual float switch on the Neptune ato. Pretty sure you could.. that’s what I use in my sump. Just a couple float switches plugged into the fmm module. One high and one for low
Swapping out the eye would be nice. However I have the hydros controller, not Neptune.

I seen the JBJ float switch ATO is discontinued and that seems like an ideal setup for me.


just noticed there’s a typo in opening thread. “the eye develops a film AND my ATO stops working till I scrub/clean/dip the eye. It’s a pain to do this every 4-5 days.”
 
Any ATO’s without the eye? Anything similar to the JBJ dual float switches?
 
I have a Tunze 3155 and it’s been great. However, since introducing kalk to my tank about 8 months ago, the eye develops a film when my ATO stops working till I scrub/clean/dip the eye. It’s a pain to do this every 4-5 days.

What is the best ATO for kalk residue?
The ATO from Spectrapure is the best.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new