Best bottom dwelling fish and anemone

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have 2 occy clowns and a coral beuty angel, a blood red fire shrimp a few hermits and 2 nassarus snails. I want to complete my tank with a bottom dwelling fish that doesn't burrow as I only have around a half inch of sand for the looks, needs to be reef safe and relitivly small. I would prepare a sand sifting one but I'm not to bothered... I also want a bta to acompany my pair of clowns but my tanks only been set up for around 3 months and I've been told there so easy and that there so hard? I was thiking of a Duncan coral to replace it so it can't move? Any input cheers, oh and I have some euphilia corals that may sting the anemone and some corals the anemone may sting so am I stuck there too!?

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemone's need a stable environment so I would wait till the tank is at least 6 months. Anemones will move away from euphilla and walk wherever they want. Blennies stay mostly on the bottom.

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemone's need a stable environment so I would wait till the tank is at least 6 months. Anemones will move away from euphilla and walk wherever they want. Blennies stay mostly on the bottom.
OK thanks, ye I'll wait till 6 month mark then all water has been stable since I added the first fish so all good there, do u recommend any colourful Blenny's that aren't bicolors as I was looking for maybe a blue or green fish maybe??

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank still may go through some more uglies and swings. I'm not a big fan of Blennies. IMO kind of drab looking. I know people who love them but I've never had one. I like my diamond goby and don't mind the sandstorms

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank still may go through some more uglies and swings. I'm not a big fan of Blennies. IMO kind of drab looking. I know people who love them but I've never had one. I like my diamond goby and don't mind the sandstorms
Thanks! Will check them out.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? Tank size is one of the most important piece of information needed for fish recommendation.

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? Tank size is one of the most important piece of information needed for fish recommendation.
There in a 60L grow out tank ATM, when the angel get a little bigger he will be going in a 600L 5ft tank. But as off now they are in a 60x 60x 60x cm cube
(There all juviniles just now)
So it will just be the clown pair. Sorry I never said that in the first post so yea a 60l cube which I'm sure is about 20gal

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add Yasha shrimp goby pair and their shrimp. Very beautiful and interesting. Similar size shrimp gobies are OK also.

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add Yasha shrimp goby pair and their shrimp. Very beautiful and interesting. Similar size shrimp gobies are OK also.
And the blood shrimp won't bother the smaller one? And is it OK to have a very shallow sandbed? But yes I love the sound of a simbyotic relationship!

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back