Best Budget Reef light?

ZachariahBeanzz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2024
Messages
289
Reaction score
118
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there’s been a lot of discussion on this topic, but I’m having a hard time choosing. Which is the best budget reef light? My tanks 20g, and I’m looking to really only grow LPS, and softies.
 
Also, just to make sure, it does come with a mount? It doesn’t say online

Comes with a nice tank mount. You’ll just need the light and controller. Controller is like $50 but worth it
 
Sorry, I’m not very good at this, but it doesn’t come with the light?

The controller does not. The light has some presets built in but you’ll want the controller to fine tune everything
 
Nicrew Gen 2. The 100 should be plenty
I have a 220g I plan to set up with nicrew. For these dimension below what would you recommend?

Length: 72”
Height: 30”
Depth : 24”

Was thinking about 3 150s but possibly open to 200s, or if you suggest the 100s are sufficient
 
Whatever you choose, don't be afraid of buying used. I picked up a lightly used Photon V2 48" for half price not too long ago. LEDs last a long time. And with proper searching you can save quite a bit of cash.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new