Best Coral Glue

  • Thread starter Thread starter PokeFish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
EcoTech Elements Coral Glue. This is the best and don't even argue
 
If I need to do under-water work, I use the cheap dollar store super glue tubes because I don't mind if they get water in them and are ruined after one use. For normal frags, I use the BRS glue. I try my hardest to not take the corals out of water, so I do a blob of BRS glue on a frag tile in the air, put the tile under water with the glue, and glue the coral.
 
All gel cyanoacrylate glues are identical except for price and packaging. Smaller, disposable tubes are more convenient than large bottles.

Therefore the best options available are (starting with the lowest price)
1) harbor freight gel superglue
2) dollar tree gel superglue
3) amazon gel superglue

Everything else on the market is crazy overpriced IMO
 
All gel cyanoacrylate glues are identical except for price and packaging. Smaller, disposable tubes are more convenient than large bottles.

Therefore the best options available are (starting with the lowest price)
1) harbor freight gel superglue
2) dollar tree gel superglue
3) amazon gel superglue

Everything else on the market is crazy overpriced IMO

This helpful but I see they come in different advertised thicknesses and drying times. Also, which is best/adequate for a new aquascape? I am doing a scape with live rock so I want to work quickly and put it in water quickly. Also, how do you estimate how much glue you'll need? I'm doing probably 100 to 200 lbs. of rock and hope to have some negative space, so lots of pieces to attach, not as extreme as the BRS NSA video, but definitely want to glue a lot of smaller pieces into desired shapes.
TIA
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new