Best Coralline Algae starter in a bottle

rcpalmer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to pay shipping I can send you some for free. I just scraped a bunch out of my sump this morning but there is still plenty more I can scrap out. I wanted it until I got it. Now I am constantly trying to keep it from covering my pumps and cloging
20181230_115456.jpg
my wiers. I can put some in a flat rate envelope next week. This is just a random pic from my tank. As you can see my rock is 90% covered.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's only 2 that I know of.
ARCReef
Coralline Algae & Nitrifying Bacteria:
  • Unique 2 in 1 formula contains both live coralline algae spores and active nitrifying bacteria.
  • Every bottle includes 7 separate species of coralline, this maximizes the color variations and varieties that will populate throughout your tank.
  • Purple Helix blend algae strains are highly epiphytic stains that will help to outcompete other nuisance algae and diatoms.
  • Effective in improving water quality by controlling ammonia and nitrite levels.
  • Aids in rapidly establishing your tanks biological filtration using fresh multi-strain bacteria bottled on the day that it is shipped.
  • 100% all natural formula. No sulfur, copper, or phosphates.
  • Highest concentration of beneficial nitrifying bacteria which remove harmful nitrogenous waste.
  • Establishes a natural organic balance in your aquarium.
  • Helps cycle new fish tanks and eliminate new tank syndrome.
  • Safe for use in all reef tanks and with all species of fish and coral.
https://arcreef.com/product-category/coralline-algae/

and

IPSF
Now available exclusively from IPSF. Use these deeply colored, vibrantly healthy cultures of crustose pink and red Mesophyllum algae to seed your tank and live rock with what many experts consider to be the world's most beautiful encrusting coralline species. Produced under strict quarantine conditions at our Kona farmsite, guaranteed viable. We know of no other source for pure coralline algae cultures like these. You'll receive two well encrusted booster plates, each about 3" long. The combined surface area of coralline algae on these plates is more than enough to seed your tank with beneficial coralline spores. For best results, place the booster plates (red side up) into crevices behind your live rocks, in low light and moderately swift current.
Coralline Algae Booster, just $19.95 with any order ($29.95 if ordered alone). Limit one set per customer, please. Order today!
http://www.ipsf.com/corallinebooster.html

One of them has multiple listed strains (about 6 species) the other is a piece of plastic with coralline growing on it. One is cheaper than the other, but one will probably get your tank seeded faster (the plate). Personally I trust ARCReef more just because they seem more "focused" on the coralline product, plus the color selection (limit what goes into yoru tank) and the species listings. Up to you... if you get the IPSF please update us, I havent seen much online. In no way am I an expert, this is just based on my personal "consumer research"

Medic58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to pay shipping I can send you some for free. I just scraped a bunch out of my sump this morning but there is still plenty more I can scrap out. I wanted it until I got it. Now I am constantly trying to keep it from covering my pumps and cloging
20181230_115456.jpg
my wiers. I can put some in a flat rate envelope next week. This is just a random pic from my tank. As you can see my rock is 90% covered.
I stumbled across this as I am looking for some coralline algae to seed my tank. How much for a decent amount enough to seed a 80 gallon with 50 pounds of rock

cperry7467

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought arc reef off Amazon and was extremely happy with it. Prior to that I had seeded from a couple other tanks, frag plugs, etc and couldn't get anything to take. Within a week I started noticing spots on my rocks after using the arc reef bottle.

Medic58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 or 3 bottles.
Did you dump it all in at once or did you dose a little by hand every day and also did you have some original coralline from another tank to kick start it.

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the arc reef purple helix when I set up my tank with dry rock. I am starting to see coralline growth and it’s pretty even across all the rocks. I’d definitely recommend.

rcpalmer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stumbled across this as I am looking for some coralline algae to seed my tank. How much for a decent amount enough to seed a 80 gallon with 50 pounds of rock
I just checked with the person I sent it to. He said it worked for him. PM me your name and address. I put it in a flat rate envelope. I think it was around $8.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a little skeptical about the ARC coraline in a bottle, but it does work. I poured 2 bottles in my 120 DT in Jan after having to rebuild my tank and I already have it getting all over everything. I have noticed that the strains ARC uses seem to handle higher light better.

I also asked @TopShelfAquatics to send me some scrapings out of their tanks when I purchased some frags as I know their coraline algae will not die off in higher lighting situations and they gladly sent me some.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back