Best dwarf angel

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in the process of planning the stock list for my new 5 foot 120G reef tank. I want to add a dwarf angel of some kind - I know it’s a risk but what do you all think is the “most reef safe” dwarf angel? I think they’re all beautiful so I don’t mind which. Of course the flame angel is my favourite, however I do have a soft spot for coral beauties & i also think cherubs are pretty beautiful. What do you reckon is my best bet? Any insight is greatly appreciated :)

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One that has read the rules before entering your tank. The “don’t eat corals rule”. I seem to always pick ones that don’t read those. I’ve always had issues with dwarfs sampling corals. I’m Itching to try another flame though. Maybe I’ll get lucky this go round!

Coral Bros

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree with tiger.. i love angels, but love my corals more. IME, coral beauty is the best bet. always been a model citizen. I've tried flames, lemon peels, flamebacks and eventually had to fish them all out because they end up nipping or destroying certain lps. the only one i ever allow in my tanks is the coral beauty.

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the secret to keeping a flame in LPS tanks?
I’m dying to know this also!!! What kind of evil sorcery is he using. Please do tell. Lol!! I once watched a rather interesting video on keeping large angels/benthic feeders in a reef setting by Austin Lefevre... I’m assuming the same type rules would apply. Lots of good tips in that video to increase chances of success. @ca1ore does keep the larger counterparts in his reef I believe also. I’m guessing having a rather large tank helps a bit. And he certainly has one.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved my little cherub. Completely mixed reef and that little guy never touched a thing, not even the clam or very enticing scolys
0408231F-B861-4494-A0BA-A3BEAD57D2A1.jpeg
96C69DE4-3425-43B3-8AA5-1F8F2CF80CA1.jpeg

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Noah, I have a Coral Beauty and an Eibli (aka Red Stripe) Angel in my 90 g setup of softies and LPS. The CB touches nothing over almost 4 years, the Eibli added in December nips very rarely at Kenya Tree, thats it.
I like both fish immensely, but am partial to the colour markings on Eibli. IMO each fish has its own 'personality' but I've had very good luck with these two.
20210308_183254.jpg
20210308_181924.jpg

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opposite of what someone else said, I really like my corals but I am a fish guy at heart...
I have a Potters, Interruptis, and Regal and wouldn’t change a thing.
If corals are healthy and fish are well fed they seem to coexist fairly well....

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opposite of what someone else said, I really like my corals but I am a fish guy at heart...
If corals are healthy and fish are well fed they seem to coexist fairly well....
This demands pictures of these 3 beauties.... agreed, I roll the dice a bit with Angels , because they are a beautiful fish many of them. The damage in my case is next to nothing. Of course there is that one rogue lol....

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love interruptus angels!!! Stunning fish!! Wished they were less expensive!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back