Best filter roller?

Pavo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What width are red sea roll? Is not interchangable with clarisea? It would be nice to have option to pick different micron ratings

Jersey steve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently, like 2 weeks ago installed and ReefSmat 500 on my Waterbox 180.5. Best decision ever! The unit pulls a lot of waste.
It works flawlessly ! Highly recommended

73CAA286-A0D7-4917-ADEA-EEA91BA1CCFA.jpeg
Hey man I really
I recently, like 2 weeks ago installed and ReefSmat 500 on my Waterbox 180.5. Best decision ever! The unit pulls a lot of waste.
It works flawlessly ! Highly recommended

73CAA286-A0D7-4917-ADEA-EEA91BA1CCFA.jpeg
Hi Sylvester, I love your set up, and want to do the same. can I ask how hard it was to remove the filter sock compartment. Thanks in advance

TraydersAnonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but how often does your sock motor burn out? ;)

Socks are making a come back watch!
What about a small strainer inside the sock with a small mesh to collect heavier junk that can just be dumped and plopped back in ? I'm building a sump and I'm ok with a roller only because the schedule for sock change is intense. How often will you be cleaning them ? Do you just buy a crap load ?

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a small strainer inside the sock with a small mesh to collect heavier junk that can just be dumped and plopped back in ? I'm building a sump and I'm ok with a roller only because the schedule for sock change is intense. How often will you be cleaning them ? Do you just buy a crap load ?
I have probably 20 that I soak in a bleach bucket, then pressure wash with r.o all at once, probably every 1.5-2 months, it's alot of work though I don't enjoy socks day at all, i dont recommend it ;) ....

If I were building a new sump now.....I'd get something that could accommodate both, or I'd go forward with the roller system! they are just getting better with time. I assume they will replace filter socks as the standard one day.

Back