Best Frag Rack

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to buy a frag rack. I have a 32.5-gallon AIO. I don't currently have frags but I will soon be fragging my leather and maybe a hammer in the future. Any recommendations? I want one that looks nice but the cheaper the better.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grab some black eggcrate and super glue, make it as custom as you want :grinning-squinting-face:

1704224829830.png

1704224845526.png

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've used all of them. The reefing art racks are nice, but the Fiji Cube "locking" racks are hands down the best I've ever used. Once you place a frag plug in them, it isn't going to move until you pull it out. I have large tangs that can't budge a frag plug from these racks as well as a ton of flow that doesn't phase them, either.

DIY is going to be you're best bet if you want to save a buck, but if you want the best quality, the Fiji Cube racks are tough to beat.

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used all of them. The reefing art racks are nice, but the Fiji Cube "locking" racks are hands down the best I've ever used. Once you place a frag plug in them, it isn't going to move until you pull it out. I have large tangs that can't budge a frag plug from these racks as well as a ton of flow that doesn't phase them, either.

DIY is going to be you're best bet if you want to save a buck, but if you want the best quality, the Fiji Cube racks are tough to beat.
Thank you! That's the one I was thinking about getting. Would the 16 holed one be worth it or should I get the 8 hole one. I doubt I will use the 16 holes but I might eventually.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i was the first one to develop that type of locking feature.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefing Art for me. I've never really seen much of a need to secure frags more tightly unless I'm moving the rack around for glass cleaning.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've 3d printed some for my LFS and would be happy to ship one. They aren't quite as flashy as the cut or cast acrylic, but they win on price.

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thank you! That's the one I was thinking about getting. Would the 16 holed one be worth it or should I get the 8 hole one. I doubt I will use the 16 holes but I might eventually.

That's entirely up to you. I would go with the bigger one just in case you need the added space later on.

I bought the biggest one they make. Although I had an unusual use for it. I used it when my frag tank was going through a bit of an awkward phase and I was seeing more algae than my small arsenal of CUC could handle. I used the frag rack to move frags from my frag tank, to my display tank where I have 5 tangs that made quick work (like 10 minutes lol) of the algae.

I tried doing the same with a reefing art rack (they're good as well, but not nearly as good as the Fiji Cube rack, IMO) but the tangs threw the frags all over the place. The locking system is worth the added expense. Again, IMO.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back