Best LA LFS?

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LAX is meh. Nothing to write home about. Prices are on the higher end and the owner Kris(sp) is arrogant. If you're looking go shell out big bucks on Red Sea and Ecotech you'll get his ear. If not, good luck. The do run the occasional sale which is when to take advantage of prices but other than that I'll probably look elsewhere. Too many instances with that guy to patronize his business.

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Huntington Beach is within your range I highly recommend Seaside Tropical Fish on Beach blvd. Their corals are good, but I go for their fish. I rarely get a bad fish from them.
Really good selection of fish here. Really good. Like you said I've rarely gotten bad fish from here. The coral selection isn't that great but it was my go-to for fish for a while. Just too far for me to constantly drive out. It's a 45 minute drive.

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harry's Marine Life is great, however it is more of a wholesale place that sells corals, fish, and inverts. Prices are good for the most part. The $40-75 coral section is ridiculous!!! The stuff is beautiful and looks worth it. However, I mostly shop in the $12-25 section which still has some hidden gems, and small frags :) . Their friday coral live sales are often really good! I got a green monti cap for $8, as well as nice Blastos for $15! Also I have seen nice elegances for only 45-50 dollars! Tons of REALLY nice Zoa frags, Fungias, Ricordeas and pretty much anything you could ask for. Colonies, frags. It's crazy.

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Rancho Palos Verdes.
Got it. There is a store called 7 Seas Tropical Fish in San Pedro that is pretty decent (half fresh and saltwater) and they have Inverts, Fish, and Corals. But I also really like Age of Aquariums, however it is in Signal Hill (close to Long Beach/Lakewood). That store is filled to the brim! Good amount of fish! Nice display tank! Good selection on coral too! I've seen nice oddball gems there too, such as Walking Dendros. They also always have SPS frags, and they have frags and colonies for other corals as well.

rishma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it. There is a store called 7 Seas Tropical Fish in San Pedro that is pretty decent (half fresh and saltwater) and they have Inverts, Fish, and Corals. But I also really like Age of Aquariums, however it is in Signal Hill (close to Long Beach/Lakewood). That store is filled to the brim! Good amount of fish! Nice display tank! Good selection on coral too! I've seen nice oddball gems there too, such as Walking Dendros. They also always have SPS frags, and they have frags and colonies for other corals as well.
Awesome. Thank you.

Mightythias

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Rancho Palos Verdes.
Thats right by me. I live in Torrance.
We have a local place here that I frequent called Trekkers.
They have a pretty decent fish selection and get shipments weekly.
The owner is very friendly and will help you order any fish you are looking for.
So far from him I have gotten a lot of good stuff. Including some nice anthias, tomini tang, and angels.
Only downside is that they are rebuilding their whole Saltwater section so their coral selection is basically non existent right now

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back