BEST LIGHT FOR 55 GALLON AQUARIUM

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

I join others recommending 2 ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro.

My frag tank is of a similar size (1070x640x400 mm, excluding the 10cm overflow on the side) and that’s the exact setup I run myself, getting 1008 to 380 PAR top to bottom (SPS dominated) with the 90deg reeflectors with lights mounted 50cm above the tank.

You don’t have to mount them this high though, it’s convenient for me because it is a frag tank, but I also kinda like the looks of it.

The ReeFis is overpowered enough for you to be able to choose between real daylight and blue spectrums, so you can choose whatever spectrum you like after purchasing the light and not before, or even combine them based on schedule like I do.

And no, I wouldn’t even consider adding additional fillers - it’ll be too much imo.

IMG_2847.jpeg

IMG_2843.jpeg

IMG_2823.jpeg

IMG_2813.jpeg

Upvote 0

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much, So should I go with this ? 2 grow and 1 glow, m gonna buy these.
yes that would cover pretty much everything.
But really really consider the reefi uno 2.0 pros. I have one on my 28"x28"x24" and its pretty great. Blows radions and AI out of the water. I really like the blades to just so much more potential out of the reefi.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

Umar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes that would cover pretty much everything.
But really really consider the reefi uno 2.0 pros. I have one on my 28"x28"x24" and its pretty great. Blows radions and AI out of the water. I really like the blades to just so much more potential out of the reefi.
I agree with you but I checked last night online, it’s hard to get these lights in Saudi Arabia not even online. Brands that are easily available are:
1-aquaillumination
2-Kessil
3-EcoTech Radion
4-ATI

Now from these 4 which will you suggest? And how many? Or any combination

Upvote 0

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think 3 AI blades 2 grow and 1 glow will work great. They are a little more "flat" in their looks so If you are a fan of shimmer what @Spare time had said would also be a great look and work really well. 2 Kessil a360s and 2 AI grow blades, this would give you all the best in looks, coverage, and par. Kessils look is one of my favorites on a tank. They just need help usually with shadowing and spread. I really wanted to try the Reefi once I had heard about it or I would have gone with a 360 and 2 blades myself.

The only place to really get a Reefi is the website. Its a small states based business. If I were you I'd reach out to @danlu_gt he owns Reefi. I dont know how often he is on here. I looked at the website https://www.reefi-lab.com/ and dont see whether or not he ships international, I dont see why he wouldn't.

Upvote 0

ReeferZ1227

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you but I checked last night online, it’s hard to get these lights in Saudi Arabia not even online. Brands that are easily available are:
1-aquaillumination
2-Kessil
3-EcoTech Radion
4-ATI

Now from these 4 which will you suggest? And how many? Or any combination
ATI is creme de la creme.

Id probably visit a country where i could get a bunch of reefi unos and get those and bring those back before electing for the other options.

@danlu_gt yall dont ship to Saudi?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

Umar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI is creme de la creme.

Id probably visit a country where i could get a bunch of reefi unos and get those and bring those back before electing for the other options.

@danlu_gt yall dont ship to Saudi?
I guess they do but shipping charges
I think 3 AI blades 2 grow and 1 glow will work great. They are a little more "flat" in their looks so If you are a fan of shimmer what @Spare time had said would also be a great look and work really well. 2 Kessil a360s and 2 AI grow blades, this would give you all the best in looks, coverage, and par. Kessils look is one of my favorites on a tank. They just need help usually with shadowing and spread. I really wanted to try the Reefi once I had heard about it or I would have gone with a 360 and 2 blades myself.

The only place to really get a Reefi is the website. Its a small states based business. If I were you I'd reach out to @danlu_gt he owns Reefi. I dont know how often he is on here. I looked at the website https://www.reefi-lab.com/ and dont see whether or not he ships international, I dont see why he wouldn't.
so I’m gonna buy 2 kessil and A360s and 2 AI grow blades

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back