OP
OP
U

Umar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry stopped getting notifications on this. Depends on corals, type, growth, rock work and placement of the units. May have to get something else also or more of these.
So today Im going to order 2 Reefi Uno pro, I checked on their website. My final decision , these light are enough right?

Upvote 0

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Two Reefi Uno Pro 2s should be more than enough. You may also want to look at Tunze wavemakers and possibly various gyres (they are all basically the same within a size range--just the controller is different from brand to brand). The Neros are good pumps but they have a very limited adjustment range. You can usually get them to work in a aquascape but be aware that they are mainly straight-ahead type pumps. I have three of the Nero 3s in a 100 gallon shallow tank. Two would be enough for flow but I needed a third to take care of dead spots.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Upvote 0

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today Im going to order 2 Reefi Uno pro, I checked on their website. My final decision , these light are enough right?
Yes they are really nice lights. They come with the 90-degree lens installed, I would switch out to the 120-degree better coverage depending how high off the water you'll mount them. Be careful with changing out the lens don't over tighten the screws. Mine is about 12" off the water with 120-degree lens. Covers my 28x28" area well. I am still in acclimation mode to my final wattage which is 104w, I'm 93% to that wattage. Current par test at about 10" under the water averaged 12 places at about 192 par. Of coarse there are hot spots and drop off at the edge. There is about 12-14" square under the light thats around 200-210 par. Near the glass about 125-130. My corals start at the 10" below the surface. Tank is 24" deep sand bed is 80-100 par. I will probably have to back it off some one of my torches started to bleach. I have moved it and the others seem happy. I am currently working on a different rock structure for the torches I have had unhappy ( best way to say it ) feelings about the current one ever since start up. If I am happy with new structure that will put them on the same level with my hammers and give them 175-200 par.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back