Welcome to R2R!!!

Zoom In Coral Reef GIF by Justin

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right! ATO good call, and how big are we talking?
depends on your environment. I'd get an ATO then use a food grade bucket and see how much water you go through first then get a reservoir to fit the amount you use. once you add a heater, skimmer and surface agitation the evap goes up. if your reservoir is too big, you will grow stuff if you don't go through it quick enough. you could also consider dropping the ATO pump into a brute trash can if you were going to be away for a while then when you're around have a smaller one that readily cycles through your water. other option is have someone top off the reservoir while you are away and check everything still running.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I would love to have everything on one app and for that reason I was looking at Maxspect Lagoon Smart Aquarium (https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/maxspect-lagoon-smart-aquarium-80-gallon.html) but I am not sure how good of an option it is really because I could not find much information about it as it is a fairly new system. I don't think I like that wave maker (Jump 2K Gyre) or the skimmer (MJ-SK400) and I would prefer the roller over filter socks
I don’t know if you’re still seriously considering the Maxspect setup or not. But, I just picked up the LS-150 this weekend. It’s a brand new system I picked up from a private sale for an embarrassingly low price. I will say everything is of a great quality. The tank is beautiful and with armored seams. The glass is clear and thick.

I don’t think you’d be disappointed with the quality overall. However, I realize there could be drawbacks to the “all in one” atmosphere and honestly the price tag is steep buying it new.

Just food for thought from someone that’s seen the system in person.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! As others have said the MP10s are too small. It is very hard to get it all right the first time so take your time and design the tank a step at a time. What works for one person doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you. I would also not worry about sticking with one ecosystem, at least for now. No manufacturer makes the best of everything and we rarely actually need the best anyway. If you regularly leave the tank unattended for ten day stints then you do need to consider some automation up front. At the very least a reliable ATO with sufficient RODI water storage to last for 14 days, evaporation varies so plan in a decent buffer. Your lights will need to be on some kind of app, controller or timer. Depending on livestock you will probably need some sort of auto-feeder. BUT... if you are planning a ten day trip soon, wait to set up the tank until you are back. Too many things can go wrong in a new setup to trust it to just run for ten days before you have had a chance to watch it and tune it for a while. Nothing can dampen your enthusiasm like a 100 gallons of saltwater on your floor.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back