best light for fuge

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank is nearly done cycling and i will be running a fuge (cheato) in the middle chamber of my trigger 34, i think overall volume of water in the fuge is about 6-7 gallons given the 10"x 14" footprint and water is about 10" high. the display tank is a 100g tank.

i have a prime hd for use from a spare tank but was thinking of getting a real fuge light, would the kessil h380 be overkill for the size fuge im using and would the h160 be better for my needs? or keep the prime hd (which would be sold for a kessil)?

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use the prime set to 5000-6500k. I used one before and grows chaeto like crazy.. To be honest I've been growing chaeto with almost any light.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any light source will do. However, as you may expect, more power and more specific PUR (red and blue diodes) will give better results. The less power and cooler white you use, the more cyano and hair algae you’ll get. Crank the par and hit it with lots of red and blue diodes and the Cheeto will grow like mad

thunderdood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank is nearly done cycling and i will be running a fuge (cheato) in the middle chamber of my trigger 34, i think overall volume of water in the fuge is about 6-7 gallons given the 10"x 14" footprint and water is about 10" high. the display tank is a 100g tank.

i have a prime hd for use from a spare tank but was thinking of getting a real fuge light, would the kessil h380 be overkill for the size fuge im using and would the h160 be better for my needs? or keep the prime hd (which would be sold for a kessil)?

I have a H380 on my 10g sump where I grow chaeto. I don't have any GHA in my display anymore. Its also been over a year since I had a skimmer running. H380 is an expensive light but it's worth it for me seeing how I don't have the GHA headache anymore and my 20g display tank is mainly a Dendro farm.

bombero11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the H80 and turned a golf ball size of chaeto to a football size in a month

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back