Best light settings for mixed reef

connectionzman

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2025
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
united states
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mixed reef and was wanting some input on light settings. I have a full spectrum glowarium reef light, it’s got WiFi and there’s a app to control it all and it’s from Amazon

Any help would be appreciated

My tank JBJ 65g
Bubble magnus 3
red sea nano mat
Upgrade dc return pump



Fish
2 chromis
2 clowns
1 Niger trigger
1 orange stripe bristle tooth tang
Whole lot of clean up crew

I have a mix of different corals

Current parameters
Salinity 35.8 ppt(1.027)
Alk 120
Phos 0.2
PH 7.9
Ca 432
Mg 1229
Ammonia 0
Nitrite .1
Nitrate 10

IMG_5065.jpeg IMG_5062.jpeg IMG_5060.jpeg IMG_5061.jpeg IMG_5059.jpeg
 
How strong is the light (wattage)?

The best way to figure out led lighting is with a par meter, if you can rent a par meter from the LFS that is ideal. IMO should have 100-150 par on the sand, 150-250 in the middle, and 250+ up high, for me this is ideal for a mixed reef
 
From experience once you decide on your lighting parameters, which I would also use a par meter, do not change said lighting parameters. I have caused more problems by changing lighting than just leaving it alone. SPS really does not like lighting changes.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new