OP
Dansnanoreef

Dansnanoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

I hear you with the lid. That thing was driving me crazy any time I needed to get in the tank. AI Prime and a mesh top is the way to go.

20210114_163709.jpg
Beautiful tank!

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all
Just getting into keeping a nano reef
And have an evo 13

Its been up for about a month,but iam looking to upgrade my lighting(among other things)

Looking for suggestions

So far in the tank
1 pair of clowns
Kenya tree
Xenia
Hammer head
1 zoa polyup
Some snails and hermit crabs
Welcome!

whale GIF

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.

The popular choice is the AI. I kind of like the Kessil, but I think you will get shadowing and par loss on the outer edges.

1611101512596.gif

hightide33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

I hear you with the lid. That thing was driving me crazy any time I needed to get in the tank. AI Prime and a mesh top is the way to go.

20210114_163709.jpg
Beautiful tank. I love the black cover you have over the filtration part. Did you make it or order it? If you could share the info I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

There are a lot of good lights out there that are more than adequate for a 13.5 gallon tank. I really like the Kessils and the A80 would be enough if you stay with softies/and lower-light-tolerant LPS but then you still need to add some kind of timer or one of the Kessil controllers if you want to automate the light cycle. AI Prime 16HD is very popular and has the controller portion built in (through a smartphone app) and the fairly new Maxspect Jump light looks like it may even be a better deal than the AI. I personally have a Prime 16HD over a Waterbox Peninsula 15 gallon and it is all it needs. I might have bought the Maxspect if it had been out at the time.

R2RWelcome.jpg

namfuak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. I love the black cover you have over the filtration part. Did you make it or order it? If you could share the info I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Thank you! Going back and looking at pictures really makes me regret my decision to take it down.

This is an inTank part specifically made for this tank. I really do like it as it covers everything up, has some height, and the back part is completely open leaving plenty of room for cords and mounts. I believe they make the same thing for other tanks. The $30 price tag seems a little steep, but worth it imo.

Here is the link to their product page. You can also purchase this from Amazon and I am selling mine here.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back