OP
Just John

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice but i will be running an AI prime 16 hd with a mess top. Not a fan of the cover look.
That will definitely work better. I have been keeping the cover because I don't want to have a raised light that illuminates some the room and not just the fish tank. That would be fine in most of our house, but not in our living room where the tank is. When someone sits on the sofa a light with no lid shines directly into their eyes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Just John

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new light is a lot better. I decided to also add this strip of actinic lights to the underside of the lid. The first "waterproof" LED light strip I bought got condensation in it and burned out within a week. I decided to buy this one and it seems to be exactly what I need. I glued it to the underside of the lid with two part epoxy. With both of them on there I have a great improvement over the stock lighting.
(update: after over a year and a half it still works like new and is still in great shape with no rust at all. It seems to be really good quality.)
(note: if you are interested in this light, Amazon removed it, but it looks like it was added back in Jan 2023, but without the power supply. I don't know where they sell that.)

1627489796025.png

1627489827414.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Just John

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a rock flower anemone for over a month now and it is constantly wandering around the tank. I decided to make it a (hopefully permanent) home. Where I am in Florida, the beach is covered with agatized coral from a reef that was covered in sediment 20-30 million years ago. Most of it just looks like rocks. I thought it would be cool to use fossilized coral in my tank and It's fairly soft, so I drilled a hole in one and set the anemone on top of it. It seems to like it. I think it's going to stay. Victory!

1627492368442.png
1627492003648.png

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won a couple free frags during a WWC sale here. Then I had to buy something so I could get them, lol. I got this Midnight Daisy from them and it was covered in aiptasia. Disappointing. I expected more from them. But I got some really nice LPS frags for free and the aiptasia was easily sorted out.

1627494376462.png

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I started to get an infestation of these little things. I have no idea what they are, but they keep trying to fight their way to the highest point in the tank.

wow,have slightest clue ????

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
July 12.jpg

I also discovered these crawling all over some the rockwork. They are tiny. Small bubble algae on the side for reference. I hate bubble algae so much. These also disappeared after a week or so.

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up to a frag of Goblin's Fire with zoa pocks. yay. Now I can't find any Furan 2 to treat it with. Apparently, the FDA has stopped the sale of it because it advertises for uses on animals not approved by the FDA, or something like that. After lots of calls I found a store with one last package. I have it now, but what happens in the future when we need it?

1627578075952.png

They recovered after treatment. These are some of my favorites, so I would have been really unhappy if they died.

Last edited:

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Just John

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m here!
just found this thread. Definitely following! ;)
There won't be much wait on updates. Since I am currently stuck in a chair with a bad hip, I decided to go back and make the build thread I never added before. :p

Last edited:

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 30 16.2%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 50.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back