Best Mechanical Filtration for nano?

coloradoreefer94

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2025
Messages
44
Reaction score
15
Location
Longmont, Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filter socks, floss, or polyfil for best filtration of a mixed AIO nano tank, if I don't want to deal with cleaning/replacing more than once per week?
 
Not sure how your tank is set up. I don't know if it's best but I recently started an IM 20 AIO and I ditched the socks in exchange for floss holders and am running poly filters.
I also have the same tank, the IM 20 nuvo. I've read the socks need cleaned every 3 days to be truly effective which I would rather not do
 
I took one look at the little socks and immediately knew I wasn't cleaning those little things. 4 inch socks are hard to clean. If I'm not mistaken IM says to throw them away but I can't see that at $11 each. I went with floss holders and poly filter from Intank

PXL_20250224_205829543.jpg
PXL_20250224_205835497.jpg


They seem to be working fine.
PXL_20250303_194537639.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new