Best metal halide setup for 48 x 24 dimensions

jamo130788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to setup a frag tank with 48x24 dimensions , what would be the best/ reasonable metal halide setup for these dimensions. The gieseman lights are just too darn expensive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

TMC1313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using the 36" reefbrite fixture on my old 120. I ran two 250 watt Radiums with Reefbrite XHO led strips for supplementation. It was great and I loved it. I've since downsized, and this setup would be to much for my 65 gallon, but If it wasn't I would go back to it in a heartbeat. Here's a pic of my old 120.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the 2 lumen bright pendant recommendation. I don’t personally like DE bulbs but the Phoenix 14k will do fine. If it’s a propagation system where growth is the concern, id favor 10k bulbs, as the par will be higher, allowing you to raise the pendants higher, lessening the temperature concerns. There’s enough modern data out there now suggesting the differing color temperature among the same intensity levels do not lead to any appreciable difference in growth. You’ll just need to mount 14 or 20k bulbs closer to the water to achieve the same intensity as a 10k mounted higher up

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back