OP
OP
f.christian

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on your budget and what you want to do. I bit the bullet and got the AI prime 16HD for my 4.1 gallon. If I upgrade in the future I don't have to change lights.

I don’t plan on doing any upgrades anytime soon so I don’t think I’d go that far for the nano but that price point still isn’t bad

Imaexpat2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your a gadget freak and like playing with things then the AI Prime would be a great light for that tank. I wouldnt discount a A80 Tuna Blue or 160 Tuna Blue from Kessil. I am Running a A80 Tuna Blue over a 6 gallon Cube and it has plenty of intensity even at 50% intensity setting at 20K. I love this light for its simplicity...its as idiot proof as you can get. At 129.00 its a lot of bang for the buck. If your really into shimmer in your display, the Kessil is the only way to go in my opinion. In fact when I set up my 20H tank I almost went with 2 Kessils A80's but didnt want to build a canopy with the prices wood is costing these days so I went with Reef Brite light strips instead as a bit of an experiment. The color pop in my corals in that tank is now unmatched with the Lumi-Lite Pro over it. That might also be an option for your tank as well as they do make them in smaller sizes. The par on those light strips from reef brite are about 15% better than T5HO's of comparable size

SCK1027

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also contemplated which light to use for my nano, and the light you have is one of them.
I think yours is the Lumini Pixie 30 from the looks of it. Anything wrong with it? It was a close second for me.

I got both the $60 Hipargero from Amazon and an AI Prime HD, and although more expensive, the Prime is much better.
It has the controllability of schedule, appearance, etc. and the same corals in different tanks with those two lights just have different colors and vibrancy.

You can try to buy a used AI Prime in the marketplace here too, which will save you some money :)

OP
OP
f.christian

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also contemplated which light to use for my nano, and the light you have is one of them.
I think yours is the Lumini Pixie 30 from the looks of it. Anything wrong with it? It was a close second for me.

I got both the $60 Hipargero from Amazon and an AI Prime HD, and although more expensive, the Prime is much better.
It has the controllability of schedule, appearance, etc. and the same corals in different tanks with those two lights just have different colors and vibrancy.

You can try to buy a used AI Prime in the marketplace here too, which will save you some money :)

Yeah that’s the light I got on Amazon it’s a decent light I just don’t like it can’t be on a schedule you have to turn it on every day and mess with the setting to adjust to the day because having them at one setting all day just doesn’t do as well for the coral. At least not in my opinion

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your really into shimmer in your display, the Kessil is the only way to go in my opinion.
Dense matrix LED's under 1 lens like the Aquaknight V2 and RS Reefled produce more or less the same shimmer as the Kessil's.
Where you can't beat Kessil is with it's color blending. Zero disco on the bottom, while all others have some or a lot.

Neros503

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also look for something used, as long as you know what your buying. In the past I got a used kessil a150w for $50, and it worked great on my biocube 14. Today I bought a kessil a160we for $73 used for my biocube 29 and it's awesome.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back