BEST-nano skimmer ?

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up another tank for my loving wife. It's the Oceanic 'BioCube and have already made alterations. I bought the CadsLights PLS-50 and so far, it sucks. I wrote them about a huge amount of micro-bubbles and they had some recommendations, that I already tried. I don't know if I'll send it back and see if there's something wrong with it or just but a different company's skimmer ?

Some reefers have lessened the bubbles with a Hoover vacuum belt, which I will not,.....fix the issue with a bandaid !

Too bad, as I like their design !

If so, what are some of the best skimmers that will work on the BioCube ?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it will fit in your tank, but I'm very happy with the Tunze 9004 skimmer I have in my 28 gallon tank.

D maul

Well know lightsabre
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eshopps nano skimmer works for me jbj28 nano micro bubbles gone in 2 days great skim tunze also is a great product.

OP
OP
427HISS

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None! Nano skimmers are a waste of money. I tried 2. $200+ in the garbage. Small weekly WC's and your done.

Defiantly don't agree with that. 20 gallons and less not needed. It's been proven by Albert Thiel, Sprung etc.
A lot,.... depends on the load.

I'm a believer in Tunze products way back in the 90's, but I looked at the 9002 and it did not seem to work very well, but that was a video and don't know what else the reefer had etc....

D maul- Eshopps also looks like a good skimmer. Tell me more about yours and any installed pics ?

D maul

Well know lightsabre
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
this is the only picture I have I can take some tomorrow it fits in the middle section of the overflow on jbj nice and quiet getting really good skim out of it only problem I have with it is you have to take the cup off the skimmer to lift the top but I'm getting use to it.I went 3 yrs running nano tanks doing wc without a skimmer since I bought the eshopps I'll never not have a skimmer.

D maul

Well know lightsabre
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
sorry don't know why picture is upside down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 180
OP
OP
427HISS

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer is the best tool anyone can have. I still,....believe that the old air stone (lime wood) works better than venture's, because the dwell time is longer, but people got tired of replacing them apx once per month. My 5' tall pvc worked great, but doesn't look good in the living room ! lol

Sully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if HOB will work for you but I have the CPR bak pac2 on a 20 and I like it. It's a little noisy but does skim great. It's kind of a tweak as you go skimmer.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 161 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 128 34.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 56 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 20 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back