Best "nest" for Orchid Dottyback pair?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kinetic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2009
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
937
Location
Albany, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Orchid Dottybacks laid eggs (a huge golf ball sized batch). Unfortunately, the male (I guess?) accidentally let go of the eggs or lost them when i went to clean the tank, and the eggs floated right into my Magnifica anemone (who quickly consumed them).

I'm thinking they need a better nest! Any suggestions on the type of nest they would prefer? The goal will be that they like it, and that I can take the eggs out easily (and give them away to a local clownfish breeder). Also it's going in my display tank, so hopefully it's not too unsightly. Any recommendations?
 
Perhaps a capped 1" pvc pipe would work. I've also seen a few pictures of folks breeding them in upside down terracotta pots.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new