Best Non-Messy Sand sifting Goby

Ritchie G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a good Sand Sifting Goby to help keep my sand bed clean. I do not want the Hurricane of the Diamond Goby, but one that sifts without making so much of a mess. I already have a watchman/ Tiger Shrimp in a 50 gal peaceful tank so it will have to be able to get along with them. Thanks Ritchie

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a good Sand Sifting Goby to help keep my sand bed clean. I do not want the Hurricane of the Diamond Goby, but one that sifts without making so much of a mess. I already have a watchman/ Tiger Shrimp in a 50 gal peaceful tank so it will have to be able to get along with them. Thanks Ritchie
What are the dimensions of the system? How deep is the sand? How established is it?

Don’t get any sand sifting goby to keep your sandbed clean. This will starve them out in the long term.

OP
OP
R

Ritchie G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of the system? How deep is the sand? How established is it?

Don’t get any sand sifting goby to keep your sandbed clean. This will starve them out in the long term.
30" x 24" are the dimensions. Sand bed is a little over 1" deep. The tank has been up for almost 2 years.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30" x 24" are the dimensions. Sand bed is a little over 1" deep. The tank has been up for almost 2 years.
Your best bet is probably a Hectors or Court Jester Goby. The Valenciennea species will starve in that tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back