Best online store to order coral in Canada?

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to find a good online shop to support. What is important to me.
-healthy coral, with some selection
-cheap shipping
-good coral price
-low to no hitchhikers

(I don’t have a qt tank yet)

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not Canadian but I have watched a lot of YouTube videos from Fragbox corals and what a healthy and large selection! I wish they would ship to the states. Good luck with your new tank and check them out on YouTube.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FRAGBOX if I was in Canada it would visits to that store everyday
Ya the same and we would both be broke, living on the street pushing our aquariums around in a shopping cart.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-cheap shipping
-good coral price
-low to no hitchhikers

candy corals is good, reef supplies and Canada corals have good products to
I buy my copepods and phytoplankton from My Little Ocean, great stuff... speaking of, I need to buy some today.

I'm not a fan of FragBox, I was but don't like how small the coral is and the fish I got were way too small for shipping, they died on arrival.

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya the same and we would both be broke, living on the street pushing our aquariums around in a shopping cart.
Starting a self help group called corals anonymous which would in it self fail because we would all relapse, there’s no way to get out this hobby :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

FRAGBOX is addicting that guy knows how to promote coral

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a self help group called corals anonymous which would in it self fail because we would all relapse :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

FRAGBOX is addicting that guy knows how to promote coral
he is a great salesman

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've purchased corals from Fragbox and Candy Corals with the majority of them from Candy. Fragbox prices are much much higher in general and they sell mostly maricultured coral. To be fair to Fragbox they are located in Toronto.

Candy's prices can be high at times as well, but they do offer very good deals for corals on a regular basis, so it's best to keep an eye on their site and subscribe to their newsletter. 9 times out of 10, I'll get a better deal at Candy. They also have a way better selection.

As far as hitchhikers, I've not had any issues with either of them. Candy's corals are almost always pest-free. One of their tanks has a lot of brittle stars, but that's no big deal.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-cheap shipping
-good coral price
-low to no hitchhikers

I started a thread by this exact same name lol

OP
OP
S

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
candy corals is good, reef supplies and Canada corals have good products to
I buy my copepods and phytoplankton from My Little Ocean, great stuff... speaking of, I need to buy some today.

I'm not a fan of FragBox, I was but don't like how small the coral is and the fish I got were way too small for shipping, they died on arrival.

Thanks for the suggestions! Frag box seems like the "big name" but I've been price comparing and some things still seem a little more expensive - but I am still new to it all. The $50 shipping and free freight over $500 is what is getting me!

OP
OP
S

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've purchased corals from Fragbox and Candy Corals with the majority of them from Candy. Fragbox prices are much much higher in general and they sell mostly maricultured coral. To be fair to Fragbox they are located in Toronto.

Candy's prices can be high at times as well, but they do offer very good deals for corals on a regular basis, so it's best to keep an eye on their site and subscribe to their newsletter. 9 times out of 10, I'll get a better deal at Candy. They also have a way better selection.

As far as hitchhikers, I've not had any issues with either of them. Candy's corals are almost always pest-free. One of their tanks has a lot of brittle stars, but that's no big deal.

I'll check them out. Thank you!

OP
OP
S

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want higher end stuff, this seems to be a great source. The owner is very knowledgeable and from what I've seen on YouTube, his corals are simply outstanding. https://fraggarage.ca/

Yeah I've spent some time on their site. So far they seem to have the nicest stuff. I'm going to go to my local shop... I feel the prices are a lot cheaper but selection is less and so is the color/vibrancy (unless I cant trust the online store photos). Also as someone who is new it's easier to webroom/window shop online.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I started a thread by this exact same name lol

OP - Using the Search button at the top of the forum allows you to look for similar questions that have already been answered.

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want higher end stuff, this seems to be a great source. The owner is very knowledgeable and from what I've seen on YouTube, his corals are simply outstanding. https://fraggarage.ca/

I have a bunch of SPS from Frag Garage and I agree his corals are fantastic. If you want high end SPS, Frag Garage is a great choice.

OP
OP
S

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP - Using the Search button at the top of the forum allows you to look for similar questions that have already been answered.

Yes, I've been on the internet before haha. I'm looking to engage, I'm looking for current info, and I'm looking for dialogue. But thanks..

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep an eye on Aquarium Depot. They are opening a new location and are going to jump big time into the livestock game. Their new setup is extremely impressive.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back