What online coral store is best?

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am trying to find a good, cheap, low shipping cost online coral shop. I have searched but I'm not sure if there is one out there. The best I have found is salt critters, but everything is always sold out. If there isn't one like that out there, tell me your suggestions. Thanks!
What's the definition of good/ cheap? Online pricing is usually based around difficulty, demand, and how fast something grows for a vendor. Also what kind of coral are you looking for? The recommended cheap vendor i'd make for Acros may be different than I'd make for Zoas...

In general the best 'deals' will be had with livesales - can find a lot of stuff for under $50 and there are the $1/ $5 type deals also. Auctions are another place to get good deals on things and more common items usually go for a lot cheaper. In both cases you're usually paying for shipping but it's usually under $50 for shipping.

Best overall place is usually the local store if available... Everything is WYSIWYG, no shipping, and you may be able to cut a deal.

OP
OP
M

moneyman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reef creation, why do certain things not show prices? Do they just become in stock when the sale starts?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reef creation, why do certain things not show prices? Do they just become in stock when the sale starts?
Are you on the website or the live sale thread? There might be a few regular listings on the website but most of it gets pulled for the livesale. There are auction sales on the website for sure.

On the livesale thread, there are teaser pics but you have to wait for the start of the sale to see prices.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back