Best placement for corals and powerheads for moderate flow.

Knight_Solaire01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I will be posting this here as well as in one of the general equipment channel. Currently I’m thinking about rearranging my three of my corals and the power heads in my 32 gallon biocube for the best amount of flow. I want to avoid dead spots and make sure that The zoanthids and gsp get moderate amount of movement. Please forgive the blue lighting as right now I have it set down to low moon light. In the back left corner I have a rock with a orange laptop on it. In the back right I have a rock with a green star polyp on it which is currently shut. In the front right I have live rock with a monti and three small zoanthid frags in top back left corner I have a Sicce 2000 which is kept in a mesh cage to keep my seahorses from getting stuck in it or from having their tails cut off. In the middle of the front right corner I have a small AquaTop Max Flow pump. I am not moving anything to the front left corner as I have a hide that is covered in calurpa algae. Which corners would be best for each corals and which areas do you think would be best for the power heads?

C2FBC657-D6EA-4812-8777-B54F1884BE98.jpeg 4E8667E9-C3AE-45AD-BA35-82CE1EF07693.jpeg 080E67FF-2513-4328-9A09-FCEEFE9C942B.jpeg 143F18C1-37E4-406C-8415-469EE2416D39.jpeg 217EF763-FBBB-4E6A-AB68-AD46B88084F8.jpeg

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got seahorses; most of the corals are softies or Acan lords, et ...
I have 3 powerheads: 2 Tunze and 1 Neptune WAV .... I was worried about the same things: incorrect flow, injury. That Sicce looks lethal, but I noticed my ponies avoid the output side. As for low, I bank shot my flow off the back glass and glass bottom...
Flow is moderatley strong, the seahorses rest midday anyway

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, in the spirit of Jolly Cooperation...

My GSP always loved tons of flow so I wouldn't worry too much there. Zoas just need enough to not have junk settling on them from my experience. Look around for areas when detritus collects. On my cube I had one PH shooting across the back of the tank, and another sitting in the back corner and "aimed" towards the front so that it would intersect with the return water flow. That helps created a good bit of turbulence IMO.

Praise the sun.

OP
OP
Knight_Solaire01

Knight_Solaire01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, in the spirit of Jolly Cooperation...

My GSP always loved tons of flow so I wouldn't worry too much there. Zoas just need enough to not have junk settling on them from my experience. Look around for areas when detritus collects. On my cube I had one PH shooting across the back of the tank, and another sitting in the back corner and "aimed" towards the front so that it would intersect with the return water flow. That helps created a good bit of turbulence IMO.

Praise the sun.
Praise the Sun!

OP
OP
Knight_Solaire01

Knight_Solaire01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But also which areas of the tank should I move around the corals and or the pumps? If anyone has suggestions I would be happy to take them. I wish I had a better visual representation and and option of A, B, and C for coral placements and the powerheads as well.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back