Best Powerhead for 50g?

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any recommendations for a powerhead for a 50g? The tank is going to consist of Gorgonians, Dendros, Sponges, Sun Corals, an Acan and a Ricordia Mushroom. I've looked at the Nero 5s, but they have a reputation of being fish traps. I saw the Nero 3 is coming out, supposedly with a better fish guard, but I'm not sure if 2,00gph is enough for a 50. Any recommendations are welcomed!

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of the tank? Can’t go wrong with two mp10’s but than can be pricey.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want them on the back, which I prefer, I'd do Tunze Streams because you can aim them. Plus they are bombproof and their customer service is the BEST!

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want them on the back, which I prefer, I'd do Tunze Streams because you can aim them. Plus they are bombproof and their customer service is the BEST!
They seem pretty well. Also pretty affordable, I'll do more research and I might pick two up during Black Friday

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't need electronic pumps, their AC models are very reliable and affordable, and can be controlled with simple timers for tidal simulation.

Back