Best ray for an aquarium

Zach136378

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2025
Messages
293
Reaction score
84
Location
Kent
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I was wondering what Ray would be the best for my 800 gallon tank which is being built. My lfs has said that they have a jubilee however the price is putting me off getting it. I have seen the shop get in a blue spot (I have kept and they were fine as long as they were eating) and the yellow Ray. I was wondering if there is any other kinds of rays that may be better or out of these 3 I should get. I think my preferable choice would be between the ribbontail and the yellow but if there is any other available rays to get then please let me know.
 
Hi I was wondering what Ray would be the best for my 800 gallon tank which is being built. My lfs has said that they have a jubilee however the price is putting me off getting it. I have seen the shop get in a blue spot (I have kept and they were fine as long as they were eating) and the yellow Ray. I was wondering if there is any other kinds of rays that may be better or out of these 3 I should get. I think my preferable choice would be between the ribbontail and the yellow but if there is any other available rays to get then please let me know.

Just roughly;

Yellows are hardier than ribbontails, and those are hardier than blue spots. Other rays are available, but some of those are temperate species and require cooler water (although they are often sold as tropicals).
 
I think what I will do is see what the fish shop gets in and if they get in a ribbontail I will watch it and if it eats well and is doing fine for a week or 2 then I will get it
 
Cause the ribbon tails are too nice to miss out on
 
Can we see pics of the tank being built? Details on set up/filtration?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new