Best return pump

TheRealDmorty217

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a vectra L1 that was just replaced by Ecotech because it failed, something you will never get from Jebao. I also have a Red Dragon 230w. Though both the vectra and RD3 run silent, the vectra gets hot to the touch. The RD3 puts out nearly double the vectra in GPH and never even gets warm to the touch. With any product customer service is just as important as quality of product. Jebao could give away their products for free and they still wouldn't be worth it in my opinion since there is no customer support. With the amount of money and time we have invested in our tanks it amazes me that people want to skimp out and take short cuts with Jebao stuff to save a few $$ now only to spend it later replacing the pump or controller/power supply WHEN, not IF it fails. To each their own I guess

RudyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the Jebao 12000 for about a year now and it has been running great. It is also super quite. Like stated before you can run it at variable speed so you use what you need.

Scott Hawaii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reef octopus various 8 on my 125 with 40 gallon sump for 2 years. Totally silent on setting 5 with no measurable heat. DC pumps are still on the quiet side vs AC pumps. Maybe a little safer around water plus less watts needed for gph. Reef Octopus makes great products. It is better to have too much a pump vs one that is not enough. Reefoctopus has great charts on what head pressure does to Gph. Generally half what the max gph the manufacturer states is a good starting point. If you need 500gph go for the pump that puts out 1000 gph. With 2 returns you may want to have two smaller pumps so you would have a backup.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back