Best setup for 700+ TDS?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is almost 3 years old, but here I am with the same issue. New setup, not running yet, just trying to get my crap together first.

Incoming TDS is 714ppm with a water pressure of 60psi. I have a 6 stage unit with dual 100g membranes, but was told by the vendor to drop the other membrane and just run a single one as the 2nd membrane will be receiving an even higher concentration of TDS and not be efficient.

I am open to any solution except for moving..sadly moving about 1 mile north would probably drop my TDS to about 100. :(

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without knowing which system you bought...
yes - you do not want to run two membranes in series with your feedwater quality
yes - you want higher pressure
yes - you want to know more about your water than just the TDS. https://www.buckeyehydro.com/drinking-water-test/
yes - you likely want to decrease your recovery (allow for more concentrate [aka waste water])

Do you have capacity for RO water storage?

Is this water from a private well? If not, your water utility may be able to provide some fairly comprehensive water quality info free of charge. If it is from a private well, you also want to be concerned about bacterial issues.

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without knowing which system you bought...
yes - you do not want to run two membranes in series with your feedwater quality
yes - you want higher pressure
yes - you want to know more about your water than just the TDS. https://www.buckeyehydro.com/drinking-water-test/
yes - you likely want to decrease your recovery (allow for more concentrate [aka waste water])

Do you have capacity for RO water storage?

Is this water from a private well? If not, your water utility may be able to provide some fairly comprehensive water quality info free of charge. If it is from a private well, you also want to be concerned about bacterial issues.
Hi Russ, sorry for the confusion. Same issue just meant I have high TDS. Did a search of R2R and didn't pay attention that I was in your sponsor area when I posted that. I purchased my current unit from another company and it's not their fault. I didn't have the right info or knowledge before making a decision...which always works out well...lol I'll check your site out. :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back