Best show fish for a 55 gallon

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for any advice on a pretty fish with multiple colors.

A dwarf angel... there are many to choose from from various colors.

Although I never understood "show fish" or "centerpiece fish" in saltwater... almost all saltwater fish are show fish as most are much more colorful then freshwater fish.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Although I never understood "show fish" or "centerpiece fish" in saltwater... almost all saltwater fish are show fish as most are much more colorful then freshwater fish.
For me, I find the show piece is often either the rarest, largest or the most eye catching to another hobbyist.
I agree with Dwarf Angel, if I had to specify a certain one it would definitely be C. shepardi or C. multicolor.

I also recommend looking into Cyprinocirrhites polyactis as they are a beautiful species of hawkfish.

OP
OP
clownfishlord18

clownfishlord18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, I find the show piece is often either the rarest, largest or the most eye catching to another hobbyist.
I agree with Dwarf Angel, if I had to specify a certain one it would definitely be C. shepardi or C. multicolor.

I also recommend looking into Cyprinocirrhites polyactis as they are a beautiful species of hawkfish.
Thank you I will look in to those.

OP
OP
clownfishlord18

clownfishlord18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you I just couldn’t find the right word so I said show fish. Thank you for your recommendation I will look more into those.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 Clownfish, 6 line wrasse, pintail wrasse, 2 cardinals bangeye and a pajama. No color just fish and clean up crew.
Honestly, I would remove either the Sixline or the Pintail.
This is due to in the longrun you will most likely have the sixline become a murderer to any other wrasses.

OP
OP
clownfishlord18

clownfishlord18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a thought, what kind of clowns do you have 3 of?
No ma am pretty good with clown fish names but I got those two from Petco. And a ocolaris.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
clownfishlord18

clownfishlord18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I would remove either the Sixline or the Pintail.
This is due to in the longrun you will most likely have the sixline become a murderer to any other wrasses.
I plan on Setting up a 20 gallon mixed reef could I put ether of the in there.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its generally not advisable long term to have 3 ocel clowns. Im not saying it cannot be done. But if two pair up, which they eventually will. they will kill the third one.

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for any advice on a pretty fish with multiple colors.
Might consider a Coral Beauty or similar size Dwarf Angel as others mentioned if everything else in the tank. Be aware the Flame will be especially difficult to remove if you change your mind. Also note that this fish will be likely be the apex creature of the tank, so it will need to be added last.

OP
OP
clownfishlord18

clownfishlord18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might consider a Coral Beauty or similar size Dwarf Angel as others mentioned if everything else in the tank. Be aware the Flame will be especially difficult to remove if you change your mind. Also note that this fish will be likely be the apex creature of the tank, so it will need to be added last.
Thanks for the advice.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back