Best small/active fish

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chromis is awesome!!!! So are firefish, I didn't have a problem with jumping and I don't have a top....

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would be the exception, they are jumpers for sure.

I said it before but more anthias and a midas blenny ftw!

I will probably plan on doing this....anthias/midas blenny...my wife wants a sand sifting goby, can anyone recommend a type? I used to have a diamond goby but he was kind of aggressive, cool fish though! I don't want one that will create sand storms....

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think about adding zebra dartfish to the mix?
I think it would be a good addition... they're nice looking fish and very active. The only downside to them is that they're very passive. I'm not sure if your tomini tang is anything like mine, but mine bullies anything that won't fight back.

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some fat head sunburst anthias and some bourbonius anthias!!

Those fish are just awesome! I wish that they we'rent so expensive!!!!

As for my Tomini Tang, he tends to fight with my rabbitfish, never had any issue with my clowns, chromis, or goby in previous systems.

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So....how many fish total should I add to my current stock? I'm planning on placing an order shortly.

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So....how many fish total should I add to my current stock? I'm planning on placing an order shortly.

Bump - I'm hoping to make my fish order this week sometime. To review, 48x30x24 tank, I current have the following fish

Tomini Tang
Two-Barred Rabbit
ORA Clown (I will soon be adding another)
1 Lyretail Anthias

Would it be safe to add another 5-6 anthias and a couple smaller fish, like a midas blenny?

BigFeesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that number of fish would be fine to add but not all at once. I have never had as big of a tank as you but I wouldn't think it would safe to add those all at once.

Jack

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added six resplendent anthias, a male with five females along with three Ignitus anthias to my 120g cube. I had a few more fish than you when I did this. I'd say it is totally safe to add what you have planned. As for the anthias, it was an interesting few months after I added them. The Resplendents picked each other off until there were only two. Now those two are happy as can be. The Ignitus killed off my Anthias I had prior to adding the group...it took a few months for this to occur and there really wasn't a lot of overt aggression toward the preexisitng anthias, it just stopped coming out as much when it had been out and about all of the time. Eventually it just disappeared. Then the three Ignitus fought among themselves and two ended up killing off one. So long story ends with 11 anthias down to 4 :(. Those four have been coexisting happily for a long while now.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that number of fish would be fine to add but not all at once. I have never had as big of a tank as you but I wouldn't think it would safe to add those all at once.

Jack

I added all of my Anthias at once to the 120g established tank with no problem. It would be good to think about if your tank is established enough to add all at once.

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, that sucks! What can I do to help prevent this??

What if I slowly added one fish at a time into the new tank, while keeping all of the others in QT?

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added some neon blue star damsels a few months ago & I still can't believe how BLUE they are under the LED lights super bright everyone comments on them first got them from df&s pretty cheap you don't have any blue fish listed & I think they would be nice with what you have

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to follow up on this thread. I received my LiveAquaria order last Saturday:

5 Bartletts Anthias
2 Chalk Bass
1 Midas Blenny
1 Halichoeres melanurus

Right now they're all in QT in my 38g tall, doing well and eating. Aside from the Wrasse and Blenny, all of the fish are very tiny.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back