Best sump features to date

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah this tank is probably now full of Kenya trees, mushrooms and chromis since all the money was spent on equipment!

The setup probably went for about 7k if not more.
I wish someone with the ability would come up with a modular system that could be assembled as one would like and people could get part by part.

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this thread since I will be having a sump built for my upcoming 200g build. However, I am contemplating running the Triton method, and it seems like those sumps are very basic with a large fuge area. Are any of these sumps pictured, using the Triton method?

OP
OP
Mebeknob

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this thread since I will be having a sump built for my upcoming 200g build. However, I am contemplating running the Triton method, and it seems like those sumps are very basic with a large fuge area. Are any of these sumps pictured, using the Triton method?

That's a good question. I'm not familiar with what system each of them are running. Nor am I familiar with the triton system

OP
OP
Mebeknob

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The setup probably went for about 7k if not more.
I wish someone with the ability would come up with a modular system that could be assembled as one would like and people could get part by part.

So you mean the full setup would cost 7k, but you could also only buy a few components of the full setup? Then buy more later?

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1703.JPG

Stacked design for minimal space

[emoji50] I must have

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you mean the full setup would cost 7k, but you could also only buy a few components of the full setup? Then buy more later?

No, I meant a system that could be build modular. So you get only the parts that you want / need so it could cost as little as $200-300 or as much as 10k depending how intricate you make it. See where I am going with this.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1586.JPG

Matching pvc to color scheme. It's not all that much more $ but gives a very professional look.

Broadfield's reefer
That is one of my favorites. Saw it last week in his build thread. I am doing mine with the colored PVC and fittings also.

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1798.JPG

Check out the flow regulators Over the filter socks

Built in dosing pumps!

Mounted D.C. Pump controller for skimmer

I bet it's out of price range for a lot of people. When I say a lot I'm saying like 80% of the people in this hobby. But dang it looks nice! Sorry if I seem like I am complaining. I'm just wishing I had that lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mebeknob

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet it's out of price range for a lot of people. When I say a lot I'm saying like 80% of the people in this hobby. But dang it looks nice! Sorry if I seem like I am complaining. I'm just wishing I had that lol

Yeah $1364 for sump, skimmer, dosing pumps and calcium reactor.
Not horrible considering everything you get... but not cheap

OP
OP
Mebeknob

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2018.JPG

Love all the room I. This one and the shelf for the return pump. Or possibly a closed loop pump

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back