Best supplemental feeding products?

taylorcarr19

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently use 0.25ml of Julian sprungs marine snow once every two weeks and 1/8 of a 1/4 teaspoon of reef roids every week in my 15 gal, I’ve noticed many experienced reefers use phyto plankton specifically as this feeds zooplankton which in turn feed coral and copepods. Would I benefit from removing marine snow from my feeding schedule and replacing with seachem phyto and zoo or aqua vitro fuel? I also feed the tank frozen food (quarter or less of a cube) once every two weeks alternating between vegetable omnivore feed and mysis shrimp. I fast the tank2-3 days a week on average and generally feed the fish extremely sparingly (two blue damsels) alternating pellets and flake.

EB19859D-386B-4D82-9B5C-D87D5E91CE79.jpeg
 
I've got a ton of many different types of corals in my current reef tank and also lots of fish. The only thing my corals are fed are aminos, phytoplankton, zooplankton, fish food they catch (I feed 12 Hikari frozen cubes a day) and with that comes there favorite food, fish poop. Ive been doing it this way forever and it seems to work great for all the tank inhabitants.
20200909_181512.jpg
20200705_103233.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new