OP
OP
S

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then yeah keep it simple with the Amazon feeders for now. You can figure out a timer for the Plank after you get back.

PS - I REALLY want a Plank. Let me know how you like it once you get it settled in!
Lol. Truthfully, I love what it does. It's a bit large for my 20 gallon. The tube comes almost halfway down and I have it sitting in the front because that's where my fish are used to feeding. But aesthetics aside, just for the sake of feeding the fish, it's pretty nice. Since you're already set up with an Apex, you'll probably really enjoy it.

OP
OP
S

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then yeah keep it simple with the Amazon feeders for now. You can figure out a timer for the Plank after you get back.

PS - I REALLY want a Plank. Let me know how you like it once you get it settled in!
Okay, so this is what I did. I just ordered the BR4 since it's on sale and I want it to arrive with the Apex, which I already ordered. If I don't like them, I have 30 days to return them together but maybe I'll be able to set it up. Then, I'll also order a couple of the back up timers, or at least one of them to do two feeds. That's so I don't feel pressured trying to get the Apex up and running. I'm so glad I put in a few extra hours at work this year!

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The feeding tube on the plank can be cut to size and you can reduce the speed of the sicce pump. I have a plank for my IM20 AIO. I also run an apex (classic Jr) on that tank. You will love running all your systems automatically (cooling fans too) and have a backup failsafe for your heaters. Makes reefing more fun when you don’t have to fiddle with every mundane chore.

OP
OP
S

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The feeding tube on the plank can be cut to size and you can reduce the speed of the sicce pump. I have a plank for my IM20 AIO. I also run an apex (classic Jr) on that tank. You will love running all your systems automatically (cooling fans too) and have a backup failsafe for your heaters. Makes reefing more fun when you don’t have to fiddle with every mundane chore.
Thanks Tcook! When I get back from this vacation, I'll try to cut the plank. What do you recommend using to cut it?

I have the same tank. I've used it for at least 7 years now, maybe longer, and love it. This is the most automated I've ever been though.

I also use the Aqua Auto Duo water changer/ATO and drain from the rear compartment for the water changes (about 1 to 1 1/2 gallons at a time). I love doing it with a touch of a button and it makes life so much easier. I'm sure I will love using the Apex Jr. and hopefully can figure it out lol. I think I may be getting the model below yours though, since it doesn't say "Classic" in its name?
(https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/a3-a...=14781&indexName=brs_prod_m2_default_products

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks Tcook! When I get back from this vacation, I'll try to cut the plank. What do you recommend using to cut it?

I have the same tank. I've used it for at least 7 years now, maybe longer, and love it. This is the most automated I've ever been though.

I also use the Aqua Auto Duo water changer/ATO and drain from the rear compartment for the water changes (about 1 to 1 1/2 gallons at a time). I love doing it with a touch of a button and it makes life so much easier. I'm sure I will love using the Apex Jr. and hopefully can figure it out lol. I think I may be getting the model below yours though, since it doesn't say "Classic" in its name?
(https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/a3-a...=14781&indexName=brs_prod_m2_default_products

The A3 is the newer generation.

Overall I’m sure you’ll enjoy having it. It’s a super versatile tool. I love being able to track everything and control most things from my phone or laptop when I’m not around. It definitely opens up a whole new world of gear junkie crack :squinting-face-with-tongue:

OP
OP
S

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi Dangles, I just wanted to let you know that I'm settled in with the Plank and I love it! I would recommend! I set it up with the Apex Jr. and it worked great while I was away. I still feed 1x a day manually for variety in what I can feed but I love knowing that my fish are getting timed and consistent feedings throughout the day, which is great for those fish that burn through their food!

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi Dangles, I just wanted to let you know that I'm settled in with the Plank and I love it! I would recommend! I set it up with the Apex Jr. and it worked great while I was away. I still feed 1x a day manually for variety in what I can feed but I love knowing that my fish are getting timed and consistent feedings throughout the day, which is great for those fish that burn through their food!

Awesome thanks for the update!

I’ve got one on my wish list for Black Friday. Hoping for some killer deals so I can buy everything I need for my next tank :squinting-face-with-tongue:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back