Best tips for coral growth?

Ponraj A

RIP Mr.Donovan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t dissolve it , just added to my tank. And I don’t turn off my skimmer
@RussiReef thanks for your time and reply, will try that. Do you think it will be problem if I dissolve it and the pour into my tank. I am hesitating what happens if my fishes are swallowing the granules?

Boops

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow
Consistent Alk
Metal halide lighting.

you can play with your LED lunar cycle blah blah blah all you want, halides grow sps like nothing else.
Strange, I've run my tank with a metal halide lamp for years. After installing LED last year the coral growth formly exploded.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A632A259-C2AF-4B88-AC93-A33A1EA54D18.jpeg

Yes,that what I feed my corals.

Do you order online? Any links?
The 3 online places I found, are out of stock.

I'm interested in trying this myself.

rcpalmer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like everyone said stability and feeding are essential to grow corals. But for the best tip of what increase the growth in my tank was alkalinity. I was running at 9 dkh and had to increase my dosage once every couple of months. I increase to 11 dkh and now I have to increase my dosage every week to two weeks because of the growth. I can now literally watch the corals grow day by day.

dubmaneh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like everyone said stability and feeding are essential to grow corals. But for the best tip of what increase the growth in my tank was alkalinity. I was running at 9 dkh and had to increase my dosage once every couple of months. I increase to 11 dkh and now I have to increase my dosage every week to two weeks because of the growth. I can now literally watch the corals grow day by day.

What are your N03 and P04 levels? Thanks.

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you order online? Any links?
The 3 online places I found, are out of stock.

I'm interested in trying this myself.
I buy it in the local oriental grocery store

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RussiReef thanks for your time and reply, will try that. Do you think it will be problem if I dissolve it and the pour into my tank. I am hesitating what happens if my fishes are swallowing the granules?
I do not think it would be a problem if you dissolve it. By the way my fishes likes to eat yeast and I do not see a negative effect.

Ponraj A

RIP Mr.Donovan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not think it would be a problem if you dissolve it. By the way my fishes likes to eat yeast and I do not see a negative effect.
great to hear your reply and i have tried for the last two days and i can see some noticeable improvement. Hope to see more soon as you nothing good in this hobby will happen fast !!!!

dubmaneh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that’s all I feed my corals ( not counting the fish poop ) . Considering heavy bio load, I give 3 pinches of yeast every other day.
I feed my fish with the myces shrimp and dry pellets. My fish also like to eat yeast.

3 pinches in how large of a system? Which looks fantastic BTW!

rcpalmer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your N03 and P04 levels? Thanks.
I have an auto feeder that dumps in food 4 times a day. I only regularly check Alkalinity and phosphorous, I use a Hanna phosphorous ULR checker. I like it around 20 ppb. This last week the tank has been 4-5ppb. When that happens I throw in some extra frozen food or Reef Roids. I don't regularly check nitrates. They always stay inline with the phosphate level.

The system is so stable and levels stay so low I am planning on plumbing my other tank to the sump and running the return from the manifold. That way I can eliminate the sump and all of the filter equipment for that tank.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This of you who feed yeast, what are your thoughts on the product reef bugs? A friend started using it a while ago and his tank turned around better than I have ever seen. It's always been in my head to try it but the reviews seem to keep me at Bay. Even though the science behind it seems to be a really good addition to a mature reef tank.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Went to 3 different local markets and this is all I found.

Will this work or is it a specific brand?

20181208_200646.jpg

20181208_200701.jpg

Scrubber_steve

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back