Best value RODI unit

Rmarget

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 32 biocube and am planning on starting a 125 within the next year. I currently have LPS and softies, but am looking to branch into SPS with the new tank. I was wondering what people recommend as far as a quality RODI unit that works well for a reef aquarium at an affordable price?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 32 biocube and am planning on starting a 125 within the next year. I currently have LPS and softies, but am looking to branch into SPS with the new tank. I was wondering what people recommend as far as a quality RODI unit that works well for a reef aquarium at an affordable price?
This one from Bulk Reef Supply is the best bang for your buck. And you can upgrade it later on down the road to add a tds meter and pressure gauge if youd like :)
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/5-stage-75gpd-value-ro-di-system-bulk-reef-supply.html

dutch27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as a quality unit, they're all basically the same, so find the best price on the GPD you're looking for. My best advice is to get the highest GPD you can afford, and get one with a TDS meter so you can check your output to know when its time to replace your filters or DI resin. Unless you have huge TDS you likely won't need anything beyond a 4-stage. I got mine from Air, Water, & Ice ages ago and haven't had any issues. Upgraded the GPD on the membrane at one point, and did a battery replacement on the in-line meter.

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you happen to know the quality of your input water? Knowing this usually involves finding a report from your local water supply company.

This is important info to know when choosing an RO/DI unit. If you have "difficult" water and get a basic RO/DI system, you will have helped things, but not really solved the problem. If you have "easy" water and get an expensive system, you will very likely have wasted money (and will continue to do so going forward with consumables).

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Support our sponsors!! :p

OP
OP
Rmarget

Rmarget

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up going with the BRS 5 stage plus, and I really like it! Thanks for all the advice!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back