Best way to grow

Raven09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Pulsing Xenia and of course other softs and SPS. I would like to know the best way to make them grow? Should I take them off their Frag base and attach them to my rocks? I want them to grow big and strong like I’ve seen others. Please help!!

ZoixDark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Proper light, flow and chemistry. The xenia is going to take over if you're not careful. Sps needs stable parameters and properly maintained alk and calcium and good lighting. They're way more difficult to keep over softies.

OP
OP
Raven09

Raven09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I leave it on the FRAG base to help control size? Or, remove from FRAG base and glue on rock and keep a close watch?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Maintain good water quality and nutrients. Moderate light and water flow And they'll do the rest !

ZoixDark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to keep the xenia in check,for awhile at least, put them on and island surrounded by sand.

Keep or toss plug is preference.

mottomegl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have left them on the frag base and they just grew over the frag base and grew on to the rock i have found it doesn’t matter if on frag plug or off lighting and parameters are what matters as for xenia it will over take everything i made that mistake i gave away all of mine but i still have it growing back and having to scape it off and get rid of it

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back