Best way to grow

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raven09
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Raven09

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2020
Messages
56
Reaction score
20
Location
Mesa
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Pulsing Xenia and of course other softs and SPS. I would like to know the best way to make them grow? Should I take them off their Frag base and attach them to my rocks? I want them to grow big and strong like I’ve seen others. Please help!!
 
Proper light, flow and chemistry. The xenia is going to take over if you're not careful. Sps needs stable parameters and properly maintained alk and calcium and good lighting. They're way more difficult to keep over softies.
 
Should I leave it on the FRAG base to help control size? Or, remove from FRAG base and glue on rock and keep a close watch?
 
Maintain good water quality and nutrients. Moderate light and water flow And they'll do the rest !
 
If you want to keep the xenia in check,for awhile at least, put them on and island surrounded by sand.

Keep or toss plug is preference.
 
I have left them on the frag base and they just grew over the frag base and grew on to the rock i have found it doesn’t matter if on frag plug or off lighting and parameters are what matters as for xenia it will over take everything i made that mistake i gave away all of mine but i still have it growing back and having to scape it off and get rid of it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new