Best way to kill zoas?

Reefncouple

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2025
Messages
22
Reaction score
8
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much what the title says?
What’s the best way to kill a couple Zoa polyps that are getting too close to other corals? Will kalk work?
 
I would just use super glue instead, but instead of killing them, I would cut them to frag them. I feel as if it more morally correct
 
I have some that spread like wildfire (Nirvana and pink passions). I’ve used F Aptasia on them when they get out of hand. It kills them back for a while, but they always come back.
 
I just finished removing all zoas from my tank. I had hundreds of multiple types and sizes on rocks I couldnt remove from my tank. I bought a 1/8" wood chisel and slowly worked it under the polyps and pulled them off the rock. I was able to save and frag most of them.

I put an activated carbon sock in my sump for an toxin that may have beem created. It went really well. I would remove probably 30 polyps a day
 
Thanks, I’ll attempt to pull them off then go with F aptasia
 
Don't kill them, frag them and send some to me please
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new