Also any ideas what kind of mushroom it is? 20220125_203418.jpg

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blender. Dump back in tank. Lol.
Looks like hairy or maybe even st Thomas mushrooms. Hard to tell.

Most people when fragging news and mushrooms cut the center mouth in hopes the animal will divide and make 2. A sharp exacto. Gloves. Goggles. Are required. Dont cut urself either!

I say wait and time will reward you
Most mushroom coral.divide on their own fairly quickly. U can turn the rock vertical and let gravity take place too. The coral will.move and leave babies behind hopefully.
D

OP
OP
SeaCo Nico

SeaCo Nico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blender. Dump back in tank. Lol.
Looks like hairy or maybe even st Thomas mushrooms. Hard to tell.

Most people when fragging news and mushrooms cut the center mouth in hopes the animal will divide and make 2. A sharp exacto. Gloves. Goggles. Are required. Dont cut urself either!

I say wait and time will reward you
Most mushroom coral.divide on their own fairly quickly. U can turn the rock vertical and let gravity take place too. The coral will.move and leave babies behind hopefully.
D
Cut the center and leave on original rock? What if I dremel the rock and spread out the smaller pieces to different location in my tank?

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't risk cutting it. It'll produce more. That might be one of the sickest mushrooms I've ever seen.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the send one out. My St. Thomas looks nothing like that and my Hairy is neon but also looks nothing like that. It's very cool. But if there is like 5 of them you can break the rock no problem and spread them out. I have found that a lot of times mushrooms will detach and float to another part of you tank when they need more space but spreading them out will be quicker.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure they stay on the rock though I had to glue to mushrooms to frag plug fake rocks this week and they're holding so far but you don't usually get lucky gluing down softies.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back