Bicolor Blenny nipping at corals.

KrayzieReefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
Sebastian
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Bicolor Blenny destroyed my new hammer coral. Never had problems with him before. I have had him for about 3 months and also noticed he was nipping at my other corals Duncan, zoas, finger leather. I got him in an acclamation box now and most likely taking him to the fish store for credit unless anyone has some good successful tips for getting Blennies to stop biting corals. Any suggestions?
DD18F094-7E1C-41B4-BF59-BE3082C45136.jpeg

Poor guy is in fish jail
 
Take him back to the LFS. A quick search will show that a number of members have had the same issues with bi-color blennies.
 
Take him back to the LFS. A quick search will show that a number of members have had the same issues with bi-color blennies.
Yeah I’m seeing that now. He’s gotta go. Anyone have a recommendation on what to replace him with? I have 2 clowns, electric dottyback and a purple firefish. 30 gallon tank.
 
Yeah I’m seeing that now. He’s gotta go. Anyone have a recommendation on what to replace him with? I have 2 clowns, electric dottyback and a purple firefish. 30 gallon tank.
You have sand? Yellow watchman goby maybe?
 
Mine went after my montis so was evicted, tailspot blennies are a great addition.
I would love another Blenny. They have such awesome personalities but I read tailspot blennies can eat coral also. Is that true?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new