BIG PLANS for 2021: What's your reefing plans?

Do you have BIG plans for reefing in 2021?

• YES, BIG PLANS (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 201 38.7%
  • I have plans but not big plans..

Votes: 213 41.0%
  • No new plans..

Votes: 101 19.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 1.0%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2021 is coming up fast and 2020 will be behind us......THANK GOODNESS RIGHT?!

Anyway I hope you have been dreaming about your next reefing venture and are up to some fun and even BIG plans for 2021. So let's get it on the interwebs today by unveiling the 2021 checklist! ;)

What are your BIG PLANS or even little plans for reefing in 2021?

2021 reefing plans.jpg

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just getting past the beginning phases of setting up a new 45 gallon which will be zoas, goni/alveopora, clams (at least 3), and interesting or unusual softies/fleshy LPS. It’s gonna have a pretty weird stock list too for fish and inverts so I’m excited to get the ball rolling with them! New year, new tank :)

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on moving across state, actually within 15 minute drive of @Humblefish (well were he used to live ~10years ago) It is going to be about a 2 hour drive one way and that is just far enough to really start factoring in time out of tank. Between disassemble and reassemble, then travel time I am going to be probably pushing 4-6 hours out of tank time.

My goal for the year coming with the tank is to finish it. I always have strong desires to finish my tanks and walk away. I'm not one to keep buying frags here and there. I have one more fish to get and will get around 5-8 more frags and be done with the tank.

I would like to get an auto RO/DI setup with ATO integration. My current setup is all manual because I rent my home.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been toying with the idea of taking down 2 of my FW tanks and building a 150 gallon FOWLRish tank for about a year now. Hopefully, during 2021 I can actually start moving in that direction. Anyone want a couple of VERY large blood parrot cichlids?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Converting my 7’x2.5’x14” frag tank into a Caribbean lagoon and moving it out of the fish barn and into the formal living room in the house. That is where my wife keeps all her plants, so figure large mangrove in it will fit right in lol.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main system will just be continuing to grow. Love to watch all my animals grow up. I will addsome of the clean up crew from qt when done.
I also will be setting up a frag tank for some cool zoas I just got. Want to have some that will go nicely in my garden and have some to sell to keep myself stocked with salt and inverts as needed. Maybe another clam or two also. :)
Happy Reefing!!!!

KSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrading from my IM Nuvo 30 into a 90 gallon reef ready.

Plan on doing a custom built stand with canopy and two side cabinets for controller storage.

Really went crazy on gear this winter.

Full Apex
3 Dos and DDRs probably use just 2 on this build.
Trident
ATK
AFS
2 Mp40Qds

Really hoping to do a build thread but once I start working I can't remember to stop and take pics haha.

Wayne P.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a 125 gallon coral tank, a 5 gallon nano reef,a biocube, a couple fw setups which are 15 gallons, 37 gallons, 30 gallons, and 55 gallons
A little ambitious aren't you? Hope it all works out well! Oh and welcome to R2R!

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2021 is coming up fast and 2020 will be behind us......THANK GOODNESS RIGHT?!

Anyway I hope you have been dreaming about your next reefing venture and are up to some fun and even BIG plans for 2021. So let's get it on the interwebs today by unveiling the 2021 checklist! ;)

What are your BIG PLANS or even little plans for reefing in 2021?

2021 reefing plans.jpg
1. Working on my new Nano Macro Algae tank (in nano tank build forum)

2. Hopefully setting up my Flashlight Fish tank. Its been in the works for the whole year and next year is hopefully the time when I can get all the equipment (tank, stand, etc)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back