BIG PLANS for 2021: What's your reefing plans?

Do you have BIG plans for reefing in 2021?

• YES, BIG PLANS (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 201 38.7%
  • I have plans but not big plans..

Votes: 213 41.0%
  • No new plans..

Votes: 101 19.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 1.0%

• Total voters

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my Cade Reef Pro 1800 S2 in today! Algae Barn Black November deal! Check out my build thread. I'm going to try and make an unboxing video. At the least there will be unboxing pics.
IMG_0428.jpg

That's a nice tank. I looked at that one. Great design.

However you will need to wait 2 weeks to fill it for it to be a 2021 tank!

Bet you cant wait! :D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plans are to control study water chemistry in the reef. I am reading everything I can and watching every video I can find. (PM me if you have a good resource).

Other than that I just want to keep up on my routine maintenance.

Thunderrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have BIG plans for myself at least. I'm getting a Waterbox pmini 15 and a Nero 3 for Christmas (already have pretty much everything else needed). With that, I'm going to set up an anemone tank! It should be fun and will look really nice next to my Cube 20, plus I think it would make a really nice show piece/conversation piece when guests come over

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BIG PLANS.... HUGE PLANS.

40g breeder frag tank.

80g (120g if I can get it custom built by the local tank maker) X High in-wall predator tank to go next to my current 150g X High in-wall reef tank. which would mean another cool fabbed aquascape and an accompanying article for R2R.
:cool:

Sudaien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2021 is coming up fast and 2020 will be behind us......THANK GOODNESS RIGHT?!

Anyway I hope you have been dreaming about your next reefing venture and are up to some fun and even BIG plans for 2021. So let's get it on the interwebs today by unveiling the 2021 checklist! ;)

What are your BIG PLANS or even little plans for reefing in 2021?

2021 reefing plans.jpg

Sudaien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2021 is coming up fast and 2020 will be behind us......THANK GOODNESS RIGHT?!

Anyway I hope you have been dreaming about your next reefing venture and are up to some fun and even BIG plans for 2021. So let's get it on the interwebs today by unveiling the 2021 checklist! ;)

What are your BIG PLANS or even little plans for reefing in 2021?

2021 reefing plans.jpg
Ok am getting a water box 130.4 delivered Monday. I am super excited to set up a perfect new reef tank. I had all the rock delivered for a new aquascape today I bought the best lights on the market to make sure everything goes perfectly. And I also have a 4 ft x 3 ft special made frag tank that will be here in a few weeks so that I can grow frags properly for all my tanks. It is going to be a great year in 2021

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan is well.. a plan.

I've spent most of my couple years of reefing trying out different things and seeing what fish and livestock I like. Ive got sort of a randomly stocked reef with fish and corals that all sorta need different things.

I'm putting together an overall stocking plan so that my reef feels a bit more thought out and is easier to maintain. I'm hoping to have a large "school" of something by year's end.

View Badges
Currently running a nano, and I want to upgrade my powerhead to the nero3 and fill the tank out with more corals...
Hopefully buy a house this year, once the house is bought then I can decide how big the upgrade tank is gonna be ;)
And I’m also setting a savings jar for the big tank!

SVRD Dime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 265 crashed when my twins were about a year old so I've been away from the hobby for 8 or 9 years now. I was just too busy with the kids and wasn't able to give the tank the attention it needed. Now that they are older it's time to get things running again. Some equipment will need updating and I plan to simplify a bit as well. I'm sure it will be a slow process.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am making my 29g 30” long old qt tank into a sps dominant reef. Just got my Firefish in. First hour and they are eating

Attachments

• IMG_0083.MOV
    22.1 MB
  • IMG_0096.MOV
    31.8 MB
Last edited:

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BIG! Okay, not really compared to some people's plans this year.

Well, in late 2020 I bought, setup, and started cycling my first reef aquarium ever. It's small at 50 gallons, but it is what I can manage at this point. I've been a proud owner of freshwater aquariums for a long time but never had the opportunity or place for a reef. Now that I have space and budget and kicked off the project, my "big" plans are to complete the months-long cycling and aging process and introducing my first ever anemone and corals. With the copepod population looking robust as it does, I might even introduce one of those beautiful mandarins in late spring.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking for a house for a while. I think this new year we will find it. I plan to move my reef and the wife approved to get a bigger one. Currently it's a 75, looking to get into a 6 foot tank. That's #1 on the list. That would mean more lights, #2 on the list.
Revhtree, if this all happens this coming year, I'll be glad to send you a frag or two for #3 on your list!

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In 2021 I will request at least 700 people to take apart their reef, rinse the sandbed in tap water fifty times then take pictures of the result. ~450 will do it

am looking for:
-I have cyano posts
-need to move home posts
-how to blend tanks safely posts

wanna see 200 on file/already done

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back