BIG PLANS for 2021: What's your reefing plans?

Do you have BIG plans for reefing in 2021?

• YES, BIG PLANS (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 201 38.7%
  • I have plans but not big plans..

Votes: 213 41.0%
  • No new plans..

Votes: 101 19.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 1.0%

• Total voters

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting this bad boy set up.
E5566605-9EFA-4E7D-A782-251909CD41CB.jpeg
What size is that?!

cobast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considerable changes for me as I'm not supposed to touch my tank water for about 5 months due chemotherapy. I can poison it and visa versa.
Sooo, I'm planning on setting up an arduino controlled ATO and AWC system with auto RO and salt reservoirs refill. Luckily the garage is next to my aquarium/ media room. Each part of the system will have at least double control sensors and valves for flow, and spill sensors.
Do you guys have problems with long runs of the 1/4 inch RO tube? Just whether I have the RO unit at the front of the garage and run about 25ft of 1/4" RO tube to the tanks, OR run 1/2inch pressure to the RO unit at the the tanks???

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considerable changes for me as I'm not supposed to touch my tank water for about 5 months due chemotherapy. I can poison it and visa versa.
Sooo, I'm planning on setting up an arduino controlled ATO and AWC system with auto RO and salt reservoirs refill. Luckily the garage is next to my aquarium/ media room. Each part of the system will have at least double control sensors and valves for flow, and spill sensors.
Do you guys have problems with long runs of the 1/4 inch RO tube? Just whether I have the RO unit at the front of the garage and run about 25ft of 1/4" RO tube to the tanks, OR run 1/2inch pressure to the RO unit at the the tanks???
Don't know about the question but I'm sorry you have to go thru this chemo. Prayers for you. Hope you have someone to clean the glass!

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small upgrade planned that has actually already started. I am upgrading my 225 gal. reef to an 1100 Gal. reef. The new tank I'm building myself see build thread if your interested. I am anticipating first water test late Jan to Mid Feb. Tank is 10" x 5" x 36" tall
IMG_3580.JPG

Last edited:

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pick # 3 send revtree coral... on a side note I've been reefing fir for going on 3 years and still have no Neptune apex system. No dose . No water analyzer no apex auto water change.. this is the biggest thing for me to try and up my reefing game... I'll be setting up a go fund Pistol Peet reefing tank page all donations will be happly excepted ( thanks in advance for all your money) :) lol joking i did put all 30 of my tickets in revhtrees apex bucket NO LUCK THAT WAS A SAD DAY.. on the up side it was well worth it I LOVE MY REEF2REEF SWAG!!

Larry J

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrote about my stupidity in destroying my custom 125gal acrylic tank the end of October. I've reordered a slightly larger acrylic which will arrive in the next week or so. The plan is to get my remote mixing station completed, scape into new tank, aged, then startup the sump. If I don't screw the new tank, I plan to have a new custom pentagon made for gorgonians, sea horses, and colorful algae. Cross your fingers for me...I've had enough bad luck in 2020 to last for awhile!

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small upgrade planned that has actually already started. I am upgrading my 225 gal. reef to an 1100 Gal. reef. The new tank I'm building myself see build thread if your interested. I am anticipating first water test late Jan to Mid Feb. Tank is 10" x 5" x 36" tall
IMG_3580.JPG
Looking very good.

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with your therapy prey u have a full recovery and can get back to playing in your reef again quickly...

AdamH300

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
586AF70E-35D9-446F-90C6-540B6028B088.jpeg

Adding a 210 gallon predator tank to my 220 gallon reef, and building a fish room with a new frag tank. The predator tank and fish room are going in my basement and the current reef is in the main floor. Predator tank will be an in wall tank, with a viewing “porthole” in the new bathroom at eye level from the John. We are currently about 30% into the project, but it’s been delayed bc of Covid...should be completed sometime mid January.

Dystopium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a new 100G mixed reef tank after a 15 year hiatus.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back