BIG PLANS for 2021: What's your reefing plans?

Do you have BIG plans for reefing in 2021?

• YES, BIG PLANS (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 201 38.7%
  • I have plans but not big plans..

Votes: 213 41.0%
  • No new plans..

Votes: 101 19.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 1.0%

• Total voters

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BIG Plans are for something small. As to expense, they're big plans. Almost costs as much as my big tank in terms of overall cost. But, Will be cheaper to maintain. So, my hope in 2021 is to have a nice beautiful AIO in my home office to have as my background for Teams meetings. I'm hoping a 35-45 gallon AIO, With sump or without. Decent lighting. That I could use my nano as a grow out tank for corals. Maybe do something funky with macro algae in the display. . etc.

Reeffraff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This i want to see pics of sounds very amazing.
Being built now. 120×35×28"
IMG_0898.jpg

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are planning to create a room addition to our home that will in-house a larger tank...possible 700+ and include a large room in the back of the tank...fish room. This will need to be done, one of our fish is outgrowing the small tank, well, two of the fish are. The addition will be approximately 248 sqft. I know that does not sound like much but it will give us an extra 10X12 in the kitchen for the reef tank/kitchen and 8x16 for the fish room plus a kitchen overhaul.

BlackGoldReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2021 is coming up fast and 2020 will be behind us......THANK GOODNESS RIGHT?!

Anyway I hope you have been dreaming about your next reefing venture and are up to some fun and even BIG plans for 2021. So let's get it on the interwebs today by unveiling the 2021 checklist! ;)

What are your BIG PLANS or even little plans for reefing in 2021?

2021 reefing plans.jpg
I have only this my 125 gallon up and running for a year, but I hope to upgrade my lighting and maybe build an upgraded aquascape. I went cheap on the lighting with. Current marine pro led bars which do work, but I am not impressed with the growth. I am wanted to either go with the two Kissel AP9x or if I can afford it 3 G5 radions. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reduce my tank count (already in progress)(one freshwater gone).
Already regret making this list!!!

Final goal is two DTs; 215-gal ordered, 90-gal 95% done.
Re-purpose 28-gal bowfront for a more aesthetically pleasing QT setup.

Build cabinet/stand for 215 and install tank & system

Install the new automated IceCap RO system that I bought months ago!

Drill and install External Overflow on existing 90-gal in the garage, build the 40-breeder sump, then sell the entire setup to a deserving someone for pennies.

Help my youngest daughter get comfortable managing the 45-bowfront freshwater I just gave her for Christmas.

Plumb auto water change fill/drain lines for both DTs

Say goodbye to weekly water changes, weekly filter cleanings and soaring nitrates

Sit at my dining table and watch the miracles of nature as I'm surrounded by sea creatures.

Yeah I think that should cover 2021

Kevin Hayward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes big changes for 2021 going to SPS dominant tank. Adding more rock, 80 pounds of live sand already done except for one more 20 pound bag, selling all of my LPS, making room for colonies and for frags, adding more pods, more flow and lighting whether it be my new 48 inch ReefBreeders photon V2 LEDs or switch back to a new ATI 8 bulb T5 fixture I already have the two Reef brite XHO I have not chosen yet lol. Oh yeah a couple really large SPS frag packs and maybe a couple colonies. Sound good to me :D

Riqaq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"His and Her" Tanks balance up a bit today with the arrival of her Reefer 350
01 Empty.jpg

We will update the Build thread an her tank develops and mine is rebuilt
Great the guys arrived with the new Red Sea Reefer 350, they opened the Box, which said it was white, but in fact it was a Panda, the doors and some edging was white, everything else was black. Do Red Sea sell panda tanks?

Back